03-04-09 – Lights, Camera, Action…Freeze!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-04-09 – Lights, Camera, Action…Freeze!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

So if it’s not actually hovering, but is actively ‘sucking’, for lack of a better word, is that ok? I think I remember reading something to the effect that if it wasn’t going to be in the same place in a second, that would work?

Well, it isn’t standing on its proboscis, so it would work for me.

Cool, thanks! I almost got a good shot of a couple of urban duckies taking off out of our pool, but it has a bit too much blur I think. So I’m down to the bees I gues.

I guess it might depend on whether the bee is sitting/at rest on the flower while getting nectar, woudln’t it? Or are they active enough even while sitting that it’s close enough?

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    schnee
    Participant

Jeez swampa – that tennis serve is spectacular!

swampa
    Participant

Thanks 😀

I spent two days and rough 1000 odd photos and I got 1 to turn exactly as I wanted it (my other plan was the ball hitting the net but I could only get close on that one)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Uh yeah, that’s a ridiculously sweet shot.

millera9
    Participant

Uh yeah, that’s a ridiculously sweet shot.

Ditto.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Crap Crap Crap Crap!!!!

I forgot about these shots!!!

Crap….

jpatten
    Participant

Ok, lets see how I do this week.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It just occurred to me that with this being the 200th contest, this is my 150th. That’s a kinda crazy thought. I think sleeping has more contests, though.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Grrrrrrrrrrr

Now that I look through this folder I am REALLY kicking myself in the ass!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3586/3329049929_4f313e776c_b.jpg

jpatten
    Participant

hey… I can see why…. of course part of me should be thankful you forgot! *grin* I will now go hide my camera in shame.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

It’s crazy early, but here go my 3 stars so far:

U-Man’s drain, corsec67’s helicopter, and soosh’s “Calvin”

so many other awesome and diverse shots. There will be lots of votes-a-flyin’ this week!

nobigdeal
    Participant

hey… I can see why…. of course part of me should be thankful you forgot! *grin* I will now go hide my camera in shame.

No shame..your shots are great.

I am so mad I forgot about these shots. They were not in my normal photo folder so I didn’t think of them.

My wife reminded me of them when I told her what the theme was AFTER I posted my shots.

Oh well…B sides I guess or….

/ runs off to “Themes”

kashari
    Participant

I guess it might depend on whether the bee is sitting/at rest on the flower while getting nectar, woudln’t it? Or are they active enough even while sitting that it’s close enough?

Yeah, that’s what I was wondering, because they’re still ‘active’, but not really moving that we can see. I’ve got a couple where you can see the probiscus down in the flower.

RcMacStudent
    Participant

Elsinore
    I have a “deleted: broken image” on my 2009-03-04 08:44:37 PM post. Can I get you to fix it for me?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • The topic ‘03-04-09 – Lights, Camera, Action…Freeze!’ is closed to new replies.