03-05-08 – Pictures at an Exhibition

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-05-08 – Pictures at an Exhibition

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    FutherMucker
    Participant

It looks as I don’t have any image I am proud to have in a gallery. Basement wall perhaps, but gallery ? Oooof !

I think on most of my photography as snapshots only. Some just are composed better than others and are in focus. Can I pretend it’s Walmart gallery and not fancy New York? 😆

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I took the theme to mean “post images that are too weird, experimental or otherwise over the top to fit in other more grounded contests”. And given my affinity for whacked colors, distortions, mistakes, and general chaos I had way too many to choose from. I have no idea if anyone else will like them, but I’m having a VERY hard time getting the finalists down to 3 images. Don’t be afraid to let it all hang out on this one, I think that’s the point!

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Here’s one I’ve decided not to post (I don’t think B&W shots will do all that well in this one) in case it helps get people to post despite their apprehensions.

It’s far from perfect, but I think the composition is dramatic and it wouldn’t fit any other theme. So even if it’s not good enough to really hang in a serious gallery, it qualifies as far as I’m concerned. I know you all have something stashed away someplace you can show off. 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I don’t think anything will be truly off-theme for this week. It’s up to each individual to decide what’s gallery-worthy, and given the endless variety of art I’ve seen in galleries, the sky’s the limit.

/within the Farktography rules and the Fark posting guidelines, of course

swampa
    Participant

Umm are duplicate pictures allowed? As it looks like SilverStag’s 2008-03-05 08:03:11 PM entry is the same as the one used in tourist in your own town (http://www.gwennick.com/pics/tourist2.jpg).

Some of the others seem very familiar but I haven’t been able to find them so I think I’m going insane.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No, duplicates aren’t allowed. Looking at the tourist shot and this week’s, this week’s is a slight crop and the colors are richer. It could be the same shot cropped and processed differently, or it could actually be a very slightly differently framed shot from the same photo shoot. SilverStag, can you clarify?

SilverStag
    Participant

It’s a different shot from the same morning.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

‘kay

SilverStag
    Participant

I went back and checked the EXIF to make sure- they are about a minute apart.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I believed you, but thanks for checking to be sure 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hm, that’s strange. Looking at the EXIF, the timestamps read 2007:09:02 06:39:14 on both.

swampa
    Participant

And to be more of a poopy head. 3Horn’s 2008-03-05 10:14:59 PM entry looks like it is the same as the one entered in the body mod contest (http://www.nakedlens.org/fsf/i/FSF152.jpg)

3Horn
    Participant

Fine, I’ll pull it. I couldn’t remember if I’d used it or not.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It’s always a good idea to check for stuff you’ve used in your portfolio at the Farktography Statistics Manager (which is very handily linked for you in the upper left hand menu bar on the site).

3Horn
    Participant

Seeing as I actually run my own web server, and can change the photo that corresponds to the URL, in the future would it be possible to give me a minute to change the image as opposed to just deleting the post?

Or the other action which was apparently taken?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • The topic ‘03-05-08 – Pictures at an Exhibition’ is closed to new replies.