03-05-08 – Pictures at an Exhibition

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-05-08 – Pictures at an Exhibition

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    lokisbong
    Participant

I’m with you jpatten.there are a lot of very nice pictures in this one. again I don’t feel worthy.I blame the weather lately.the pictures just dont look as good without sunlight.stupid clouds.

sleeping
    Participant

the pictures just dont look as good without sunlight.stupid clouds.

Do you have woods where you live? It’s generally much easier to photograph in the woods on cloudy days than sunny. Also, the even light can be very useful for macro/closeup work outside….

Snug Tight
    Participant

Sorry I used a previous entry. 😳 I thought I might have entered it before, but the FSM didn’t show it.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think probably 99% of repeated entries are an absolutely honest mistake. Hell, I’ve done one myself. You’re fine 🙂

soosh
    Participant

“Soosh has an amazing collection of Alaska pics, focusing frequently on water both liquid and frozen”

Like usual, I’ll probably vote for them.

oh, fantastic, I’ve become a cliche.

jekxrb
    Participant

By the way, coll stuff tonight. I’m especially taken by jekxrb’s ceiling and chakalakasp’s first two.

Thank you very much! But your candle is absolutely breathtaking. I noticed it right away.

The design of the Pantheon lends itself to dramatic photos. It’s an amazing building, one of my favourites. I always visit it when I’m in Rome (if I have time).

This has been a fantastic week for photos; everyone did such a great job!

Killerclaw
    Participant

“Soosh has an amazing collection of Alaska pics, focusing frequently on water both liquid and frozen”

Like usual, I’ll probably vote for them.

oh, fantastic, I’ve become a cliche.

I love your pictures, actually.

soosh
    Participant

thanks. I was aiming for fark-style sarcasm and believe I misfired completly.

Killerclaw
    Participant

thanks. I was aiming for fark-style sarcasm and believe I misfired completly.

Nah, I got it, I was just making sure.

Hmm, 15 votes for the Goldern Gate Bridge in sepia. I was holding on to it in case the “Bridges” theme came back but gambled in this thread instead. It’s one of my favorites =). Great vacation, that was 😀 (Powershot A70)

The falling leaves shot I love because of the one in the foreground, back when I was 14 and using a Kodak Advantix. Shame the film it’s self was inferior, the idea behind those things was awesome. I’ll have to scan my film images other then that one so I can use them in future contests.

The baby doll I probably have 40 pictures of with a handful of cameras over the years. Last year someone shot it with Buckshot , and this summer someone riped it out of the mud and broke it into multiple pieces 🙁 I will miss my favorite subject. (Olympus SP-550UZ)

jpatten
    Participant

My flag and fog is one of my all-time favorite pictures… Was taken with a filmP&S 3mm camera and I scanned it in. I tweaked the overall saturation since it seemed to wash out in the scan.

andyofne
    Participant

I didn’t really have much to share this week. I was woefully unprepared.

Some very nice stuff posted up though. Nice work ya’ll.

U-Man
    Participant

Uman, what was your setup for that snowflake?

There wasn’t much setup. I had my gear one Saturday and was down by the river, primarily to get some shots of a bridge. It was pretty cold, about 5 or 10 F, so even though the sun was bright, the snow on the ground didn’t melt. As I was walking back from the bridge I noticed that the snow was extra ‘shiny’. On closer inspection, the were a bunch of complete flakes all over the place. I put the 100 mm f/2.8 Macro on my 20D and shot free hand.

I like my shot. But I really like the perfect focus on the perfect hexagon and star in the center of sleeping’s flake.

nutkick_42
    Participant

sleeping‘s snowflake was absolutely breathtaking.

I went with more of a sarcastic anti-tribute to the modern art scene. It appears that nobody liked my 2008-03-06 12:04:36 AM “homage” to Malevich’s Black Square.

Oh, and in case anybody was wondering, my 2008-03-06 12:06:01 AM entry is an extreme closeup of a roll of speaker wire sitting in a water glass. It reminded me of the ridiculous setups my drawing prof used to make us use.

swampa
    Participant

I went with more of a sarcastic anti-tribute to the modern art scene. It appears that nobody liked my 2008-03-06 12:04:36 AM “homage” to Malevich’s Black Square.

See, I thought you had just left the lens cap on 😛

lokisbong
    Participant

the pictures just dont look as good without sunlight.stupid clouds.

Do you have woods where you live? It’s generally much easier to photograph in the woods on cloudy days than sunny. Also, the even light can be very useful for macro/closeup work outside….

thank you for the advice.I will try to keep that in mind because I live very near the redwood forest.very north California for the win 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • The topic ‘03-05-08 – Pictures at an Exhibition’ is closed to new replies.