03-10-10 – I’m a Geek, and I’m Proud of It

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-10-10 – I’m a Geek, and I’m Proud of It

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

Three ideas. One night. Three photos. No time to process. Sleep loses.

/This is a time to remember that sometimes good enough is good enough.

olavf
    Participant

I’ve got a couple of ideas…the difficulty is going to be making them interesting :/

that was my problem last time. and most likely this time too. it’s difficult to make a triple boot computer tower actually show much geekyness.

and my various and sundry film cameras, while outside the norm, aren’t all that inherently interesting nor geeky. well except to those who may like old time mid and large format cameras.

One of my ideas came out okay anyhow. OTOH, I’m still struggling with the server closet for similar reasons. It’s especially tricky because it was once the heater closet, so it’s really narrow, and I’m having issues getting all the details in. If I include the monitor at the bottom of the closet in the shot, the vent system in the ceiling isn’t visible for example, and the two servers don’t really stand out so well.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I’m out for this one, the theme was hard for me and I didn’t have enough time to work through the ideas to get good photos. But I’m ready to be amused and/or amazed by what you all came up with and will be voting over the next couple of days. So good luck to all my follow geeks!

QueenBee
    Participant

heh ok Im glad to see others are ok with books as being geeky because honestly it’s my biggest thing next to photography..I surprised myself with the amount of camera stuff I have too. I’m pulling them off my camera now to see how the shots came out. can’t wait to see everyone elses! 🙂

clouddancer
    Participant

I’m only including 2 pictures tonight to avoid being redundant on my part. I also got lazy with this myself. I find my creative juices running low as of late, and I’ll blame the weather. I figured I at least should do something because this was my idea. So, I managed to get something about what inspired this, so I’m somewhat satisfied with the result. I’m still not sure how to make the picture of said final object better or at a better angle or something given its shiny-ness and size. I like the end product mind you, just don’t think its photogenic, or maybe I’m not a good photographer. I will have to thank my engineer-husband for putting it together though. He did way better than I would have at it. 🙂

Anyway, the work computer calls. It’s done doing it’s update that it commandeered my system for so I have to get back at it. Looking forward to what gets posted. 🙂

ennuipoet
    Participant

Heh, I really wish I could made a way without Photoshop for my Photographer RPG Character Sheet idea. I mean I would’ve had Manfrotto’s Mighty Monopod of Stillness, A +3 Lens of Sharpening, a Camera Bag of Holding, and, of course, my Flash of Continual Light. I am just wondering if I could have squeaked the Canon +5D Holy Photographer, not that I have one but maybe I could’ve found a sweetheart DM 8)

nobigdeal
    Participant

Question, does it have to be my geekness or can it be a photo of my wife being a dork?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, the description says “Take photographs that display the awesome power of your geekiness.” (emphasis mine), so I’m thinking it needs to be your own geekiness.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

On the other hand, that kinda throws some question on ennuipoet’s Ren Faire stuff, but I think in that case it’s his own geekiness because he goes to Ren Faires.

SilverStag
    Participant

>LOOK AT CONTEST

I see no contest here.

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah…it is Wednesday right?

swampa
    Participant

Sorry sorry!

Come to the geek side of the force! (contest link)

Kestrana
    Participant

Scrolling through I keep having the same reactions: I used to have that, wow I loved that, I haven’t played that game in forever, oh crap I should have taken a picture of that because I have that too, etc. Especially Mopsy, since my dad gave me Bananagrams for my birthday and it was a surprise to see that we’re the only 2 people posting MTG (so far).

Kestrana
    Participant
    Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Nice stuff in the contest! If I can get home early enough I might try one last time to get a good photo of my geek paraphernalia and post something.

I hate to call out one shot, especially so early, but the “bad heads” photo and story cracked me up.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • The topic ‘03-10-10 – I’m a Geek, and I’m Proud of It’ is closed to new replies.