03-14-12 – Legos

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    sleeping
    Participant

At least that guy is technically correct, unlike say some of them in the bokeh thread….

lokisbong
    Participant

At least that guy is technically correct, unlike say some of them in the bokeh thread….

Yeah maybe correct but it makes him no less a pedantic ass for feeling the need to tell us all. 99% of people who call them legos have done so since before the internet was made available to the public. Why feel the need to teach us these pedantic facts. We know and don’t care is my opinion. 😀

mopsy
    Participant

Is it my imagination or are there less entries in the last couple of weeks, plus, lower votes? 😕

orionid
    Participant

Is it my imagination or are there less entries in the last couple of weeks, plus, lower votes? 😕

Bibliostatus Rex can bring out the hard numbers, but you are correct, Madam.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I think most of the down turn is a series of fairly complex themes requiring original content, which drives off the folks who like to pop in a shot from their archives. The voting thing has also played a role. I suspect we shall pick back up again as we come into a new set of themes.

fluffybunny
    Participant

I think most of the down turn is a series of fairly complex themes requiring original content, which drives off the folks who like to pop in a shot from their archives. The voting thing has also played a role. I suspect we shall pick back up again as we come into a new set of themes.

Here’s to you being right.

Yoyo
    Participant

Even being told it was an illusion I didn’t see how for a long time after looking at the picture, since it’s perfectly logical to assume the overhead of the arch curves back and that’s just not visible in the picture. But good job to everyone on great pictures.

Also the guy who “corrected” us on the plural of “Legos” really honked me off.

I always thought that it was possessive, not plural, i.e. Lego’s. The brick or block being implied. 🙄

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to BecauseISaidSo on his “Best” category win and to QueenBee on her “Funniest” category win this week!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Thanks Els. Did not see that one coming at all.

Congrats to linguine on the combined win and to lokisbong on another fine showing (that’s 6 top tens in the last quarter now). The Weekly Reports post has been updated with the latest stats.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Well played CISS, linguine and loki.

lokisbong
    Participant

Thanks Els. Did not see that one coming at all.

Congrats to linguine on the combined win and to lokisbong on another fine showing (that’s 6 top tens in the last quarter now). The Weekly Reports post has been updated with the latest stats.

Thanks. Now I just gotta get a shot that will outright win one of these contests. 🙂 Oh and a second place and an eighth just to fill in all the top ten places would be cool. 😆 this is only my second third place it seems. So double woo hoo for me.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Thanks fluffy.

So, this contest marks the end of the first full quarter (12 contests) under the new voting system. Over this quarter the average # of entrants was 43, average # entries was 104, average total best votes was 1134, and average total funny votes was 215.

Those same numbers for the 4 previous quarters look like this:

Qtr  Entrants  Entries  Votes
    ---

4 50 121 1670
    3 65 160 1854
    2 64 161 2078
    1 62 154 2126

I’m not sure we can attribute the entire drop to the new voting system, but I think it’s safe to say it surely didn’t help.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Oh and a second place and an eighth just to fill in all the top ten places would be cool. 😆

I’ve been waiting for an 11th place to complete 1-31. For some reason, 11th is quite an elusive place. Only 40% of the contests since I started have even had an 11th.

Anyway, good luck on your quest. Next stop, a win!

Daniel
    Participant

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i forgot to enter. GRRRrrrrr. CRUD! RAGE!!!! 👿 👿

Kestrana
    Participant

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i forgot to enter. GRRRrrrrr. CRUD! RAGE!!!! 👿 👿

Yeah. Life gets in the way sometimes. This is the first contest I’ve failed to enter since I started Farktography and it’s my own theme /shame

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • The topic ‘03-14-12 – Legos’ is closed to new replies.