03-14-12 – Legos

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    Participant

lego by dmanizme, on Flickr

here is my entry

ravnostic
    Participant

here is my entry

That’s awesome, Daniel! I hope you submit it on Wednesday for the contest!

lokisbong
    Participant

here is my entry

Cool picture But…Farktography entries for this contest are posted on Fark.com on Wednesday th 14th at 8pm EST/EDT for TotalFarkers and a few hours later for the non total Farkers. Voting begins when it hits the main page.

linguine
    Participant

Welcome, the actual contest will be over on http://www.fark.com starting next wednesday at 8pm for totalfarkers, midnight for everyone else so you’ll need to have an account over there as well if you haven’t signed up there yet – http://www.fark.com/newuser

Daniel
    Participant

here is my entry

Cool picture But…Farktography entries for this contest are posted on Fark.com on Wednesday th 14th at 8pm EST/EDT for TotalFarkers and a few hours later for the non total Farkers. Voting begins when it hits the main page.

Thanks. This is my first time so i was a little confused.

Kestrana
    Participant

here is my entry

Thanks. This is my first time so i was a little confused.

No problem Daniel, welcome to the forums. There will be a link on the forum main page and posted in this thread when the contest is live, as well as main page Farm. Meanwhile we’d love to know more about you and your interest in photography.

Daniel
    Participant

No problem Daniel, welcome to the forums. There will be a link on the forum main page and posted in this thread when the contest is live, as well as main page Farm. Meanwhile we’d love to know more about you and your interest in photography.

Kestrana I love nature and abstracted photography. as well as nature. The legs picture was taking using a home made white box.

whitebox by dmanizme, on Flickr

kashari
    Participant

Welcome, Daniel! If you haven’t poked around yet, you might want to check out the ‘How to Participate’ link which is very helpful when getting started. It talks about file sizes and lots of good stuff. Fark restricts the file size, which can get frustrating when you’re trying to get your entries submitted. There’s a ‘Scratchpad’ thread where you can test your postings which is good to do before each Contest thread opens. You can find it here: http://www.fark.com/comments/69#new

Note to Mods: just noticed the ‘Participate’ info lacks a Bibliostats reference. Also, I think it would be good to include the link for the scratchpad thread. I remember when I first read about it there & then had to search around to find what/where the heck the ‘scratchpad’ was.

stupido
    Participant

I know Legos are supposed to be the main feature.

If I use Lego cars and a Lego Screen, would the theme in the URL below be OK?

http://devilanse.wordpress.com/2011/04/08/an-ho-scale-drive-in-theater/

Want to know below I go out and buy more Legos (need a baseplate for the screen etc).

Sorry about not posting the pics but the ones online are large and I am at work.

Curious
    Participant

that is really cool stupido. and even if it’s not yours it’s still cool.

Curious
    Participant

sure am glad this is next week. my ideas aren’t’ finalized yet.

stupido
    Participant

that is really cool stupido. and even if it’s not yours it’s still cool.

Actually it is mine.

Kestrana
    Participant

You can use other things in the photo as long as legos (or similar) are the primary subject.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Thought I was going to have to sit this one out, too, which would’ve been embarassing as I’m OBO’ing for Pope Larry. But yesterday my wonderful wife asked about the next contest, encouraged me to blow off work for a night, and dug out the Lego box from storage (our youngest is just a couple of months from driving so they haven’t seen any action in a while). So, I’ve got two new shots and one archive for this one. I reviewed my Bibliostats history and discovered this is the first contest I’ve specifically shot for since Urban Art (Scanner as Camera, if you want to count that) in June of last year! 😯

Anyway, I’m excited to see how the new shots fare, so can’t wait for this one! Woot!

linguine
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • The topic ‘03-14-12 – Legos’ is closed to new replies.