03-14-12 – Legos

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    fluffybunny
    Participant

Hey CISS, great minds etc.

/You pulled off the illusion better I think.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Thanks fluffy. If you’d have given me a heads up, I would’ve added “as seen below” to my “Inspiration for..” line. 😉

I think the illusion would’ve been better if I had built the step towers tall enough so that the table surface wasn’t visible in the center. But, I didn’t have enough legos, so it is what it is.

nobigdeal
    Participant

I managed to get some blocks from my grandson tonight. He’s gonna be mad though, I mixed the two sets together. Oh well, more of a challenge that way!

ennuipoet
    Participant

Felt weird not posting…as though I forgot do something!

zincprincess
    Participant

Yep. That’s how I have felt the past few weeks. Real life has me running in all directions at once.

stupido
    Participant

well went to rebuild my drive in so it had more of a LEGO theme. First step was a new screen. I didn’t have enough plates so I ordered some from brinckbin. THey arrived today with a few other pieces. So yeah, built a new screen. Started on rebuilding the projector house. Broke the ribbon cable on my the my actul projector. So is life.

Curious
    Participant

Felt weird not posting…as though I forgot do something!

i had every intention of entering tonight … but … legos are expensive and all i have is one builder figure. but i had some ideas to work around that. then RL intruded with other plans for my time. i really need to just shoot when the muse strikes.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Looking forward to Curves 2…

Of all the building toys I had as a kid (Lincoln Logs, Tinkertoys, Erector Sets) I never was blessed with Legos.

I also spent an ass load of time on my Misfit Squirrels photoshop this week. Please go over there and vote on Friday if you’re a member.

Farktographer
    Participant

Lots of sexual innuendo with this farktography group. Who’d have thought?

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

So I was showing the contest to a friend today and he didn’t notice until I pointed it out that my 3rd entry (“impossible gateway”) is also an optical illusion. I thought the title text implied it, but maybe I was wrong. Did y’all catch that or should I have been more explicit?

lokisbong
    Participant

So I was showing the contest to a friend today and he didn’t notice until I pointed it out that my 3rd entry (“impossible gateway”) is also an optical illusion. I thought the title text implied it, but maybe I was wrong. Did y’all catch that or should I have been more explicit?

It’s pretty subtle if you ask me. I didn’t notice it until you said so either. Some great photos this week again!

orionid
    Participant

I wanted to play. I had ideas. I swear if anything ever happens with this job, my next will be one where shiftwork and 24-hour duties are nothing more than urban legends that somebody obviously made up.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I noticed it was an optical illusion after a few seconds. But it was triggered by an immediate impression that something was odd about the image not the title. I really like optical illusions though so I’m probably more likey to consider that angle than most people.

Kestrana
    Participant

Even being told it was an illusion I didn’t see how for a long time after looking at the picture, since it’s perfectly logical to assume the overhead of the arch curves back and that’s just not visible in the picture. But good job to everyone on great pictures.

Also the guy who “corrected” us on the plural of “Legos” really honked me off.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, I wanted to delete that comment (and actually deleted another one along similar lines), but he did mention entries/the contest, so it wasn’t entirely off topic (unlike the other comment that I did get rid of).

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
  • The topic ‘03-14-12 – Legos’ is closed to new replies.