03-17-10 – Farkitecture

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-17-10 – Farkitecture

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    LeicaLens
    Participant

And this competition made me realise just how much I would like a nice T/S lens. Problem is, Olympus, whose DSLR I use, don’t make one for their E range. There is one for the OM range, but it’s impossible to find.
    I could get a Canon one for my (newly bought, second-hand) EOS-3, but as I don’t have any lenses yet for it (apart from an FD 100m f2 and converter), I don’t really think a T/S lens should be top priority.

Oh yeah, the clincher: the wife would of course kill me if I drop mega bucks on a new lens 😥

U-Man
    Participant
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

I actually almost used a tilt-shift miniature fake for tonight, but I decided the particular photo I was considering didn’t have enough real emphasis on the architecture and was more about the tilt-shift effect. So another time for that one…

swampa
    Participant
    LeicaLens
    Participant

I actually almost used a tilt-shift miniature fake for tonight, but I decided the particular photo I was considering didn’t have enough real emphasis on the architecture and was more about the tilt-shift effect. So another time for that one…

Hey, when you don’t need it anymore, can I have your stuff?

Pretty please?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No! It’s my precioussssssss! All of it! 😆

Seriously, though, I think there is an adapter out there that can turn your lenses into either a tilt or shift lens. Can’t remember who makes it (Saw it last year online somewhere), but you might look into it, especially since you’d probably need shift more than tilt for building shots, and that can save you money just getting the adapter.

LeicaLens
    Participant

No! It’s my precioussssssss! All of it! 😆

Seriously, though, I think there is an adapter out there that can turn your lenses into either a tilt or shift lens. Can’t remember who makes it (Saw it last year online somewhere), but you might look into it, especially since you’d probably need shift more than tilt for building shots, and that can save you money just getting the adapter.

Precioussssssss? Fancy playing a game of riddles, then? 😉

I’ll have look for the adapter. I don’t supppose a Lensbaby would work? They shift and tilt, don’t they, but also blur.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ooo check this out. Available in Olympus 4/3…dunno if there’s an OM to 4/3 adapater, but maybe this is a start?
    http://kievcamera.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=56&products_id=191

They have tilt adapters but they appear to be macro only and don’t include anything but Nikon or Canon.

As for a Lensbaby, I have one, and no, it won’t really do the same thing. Their field of focus is very distorted, like it’s a cone shape, sort of. You can stop it down and decrease some of it, but ultimately you just don’t have the kind of control over the tilt or shift that you really need. And they don’t really shift that much. they’re fun to play with, though!

LeicaLens
    Participant

Ooo check this out. Available in Olympus 4/3…dunno if there’s an OM to 4/3 adapater, but maybe this is a start?
    http://kievcamera.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=56&products_id=191

They have tilt adapters but they appear to be macro only and don’t include anything but Nikon or Canon.

As for a Lensbaby, I have one, and no, it won’t really do the same thing. Their field of focus is very distorted, like it’s a cone shape, sort of. You can stop it down and decrease some of it, but ultimately you just don’t have the kind of control over the tilt or shift that you really need. And they don’t really shift that much. they’re fun to play with, though!

Thanks! That does look like a good place to start ($600? That’s cheap, right? If I exchange the dollar sign for a yen sign, I can get that past the wife 😉 ).
    I just remembered that the newer Olympus E-system bodies have aspect control, so I think you can shoot with the same aspect as a large frame camera. That *may* reduce distortion to some extent. Problem is, I have one of the older models.
    *sigh

And I would like to get my hands on a Lensbaby this year…

corsec67
    Participant

Cool I’ll post yours too Corsec

Thanks for that. Just got back from what ended up being a crazy, crazy Thursday.

I accidentally left the “/No description needed to explain the farkitectureyness” line in, which came from last week, “/No description needed to explain the geekyness”, and when I substituted “farkitecture” for “geek”, that came out. Good thing the description isn’t important anyways, and it actually kind of fit that entry anyways.

sleeping
    Participant

You can get tilt (and shift but not both together) adapters for pentacon 6 MF lenses that will focus to infinity. I think that’s the cheapest way, but I don’t know what the quality is like. http://www.araxfoto.com/accessories/tilt/

sleeping
    Participant

Hmm, I somehow only managed to post 2 of my photos yesterday. Doh! This was going to be the third:

The bridge is part of an aqueduct that used to send drinking water in to Boston.

Curious
    Participant

really late post but i was going to use these.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57055068@N00/ first two pics

given my vote totals maybe i should have 🙂

Kestrana
    Participant

So I finally have access to a computer (my pictures were posted by my roommate, using my computer without sharing my fark password) and I now see that my favorite picture didn’t get voting enabled. 🙁

Also, Boston for St. Patrick’s Day is awesome.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Oh damn, Kestrana, I’m sorry I didn’t notice the voting 🙁 If it’s any consolation, that frees that picture up to be used for another contest, so maybe it’ll get a chance to shine another week. Btw, that would still be considered account sharing, and frowned upon…

Congrats to SilverStag this week!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • The topic ‘03-17-10 – Farkitecture’ is closed to new replies.