03-17-10 – Farkitecture

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-17-10 – Farkitecture

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Zero_Exponent
    Participant

I’m trying to post, but keep shooting blanks.

olavf
    Participant

Can we up the entry limit for this week?

Heh. I had a hard time picking out of seven. I’ll post some ‘B’s later.

In the meantime, Elsinore would you be a hero and envotinate my 08:05:10 PM? It’s my favorite pic of the lot, too 😛

U-Man
    Participant

I chose two. Can’t decide on #3. Going for a walk…. 🙂

U-Man
    Participant

ZE – are you posting here or over on fark.com?

swampa
    Participant
    linguine
    Participant

Heh. I had a hard time picking out of seven. I’ll post some ‘B’s later.

I decided to make it easy on myself and limit my choices to the pics Ive taken of a church thats been getting renovated. I probably left out a better picture or 2 that way but it saved a headache so I’ll call it even.

olavf
    Participant

I decided to make it easy on myself and limit my choices…

I haven’t been able to get out and shoot much recently, so I had to go archive-diving. I set a 6-month limit, which cut out a number of things, and skipped a few buildings that I used in other contests, but I could have had waaay too many more…

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

ZE – are you posting here or over on fark.com?

Trying to post here. I PM’ed you what I was trying to post – I don’t know why it won’t go. Hope I can get my entries up on Fark!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Are you trying to post html here, Zero_Exponent? Cause that might be why it’s blanking your posts.

olavf: Envotinated yours!

Zero_Exponent
    Participant
    Elsinore wrote:
    Are you trying to post html here, Zero_Exponent? Cause that might be why it’s blanking your posts.

No HTML that I’m aware of, just tried to post some URL’s. My contest entries are going up, so no worries.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

well I’m glad the entries are ok, but I’m not sure it would mess with the URLs if you just posted the addy and no html code to direct to them. weird!

olavf
    Participant

olavf: Envotinated yours!

Thanks!

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

well I’m glad the entries are ok, but I’m not sure it would mess with the URLs if you just posted the addy and no html code to direct to them. weird!

I have an idea as to what happened, milady – when trying to post, I had two Farktography.net windows going.
    All I wanted to say was sorry for missing last week, even though I had entries ready to go. Not losing any sleep over it though, as my ideas were similar to orionid’s rocket pic and linguine’s Pratchett collection. Here they are, if anyone’s interested (constructive criticism always welcome):
    Rocket men http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4010/4422230319_7eb63dbf5f_o.jpg
    Pratchett geek http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4035/4436469944_af273ffe12_o.jpg
    The cost of war
    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4044/4435781321_ff9aab95bb_o.jpg

Also wanted to say that I had more fun than I thought I would with this week’s theme. I don’t usually take many pics with buildings and bridges and such, but I will notice that stuff more from now on.

clouddancer
    Participant

I’m shamed to admit that I really only vaguely thought of this entry until today, and then I realized that I had nothing to go with. There’s also nothing really inspiring around here or all that fantastic for architecture, so none of it I really want to photograph. There’s a bridge near my parents house that I’ve always wanted to take pictures of, but we’ve had little reason or ability to go there recently, maybe this summer. I prefer bridges over buildings, and even with the L.O. on the way due in June, I plan to go at least one or two places in the state for possible light hiking and photo opportunities. Perhaps I’ll get something for a future contest. 🙂 I look forward to seeing the entries tonight for sure as it will give me ideas for later. 🙂

LeicaLens
    Participant

I have an idea as to what happened, milady – when trying to post, I had two Farktography.net windows going.

Oh, so that’s what happened. I thought you were doing an Internet messageboard mime act.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • The topic ‘03-17-10 – Farkitecture’ is closed to new replies.