03-17-10 – Farkitecture

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-17-10 – Farkitecture

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

Rocket men http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4010/4422230319_7eb63dbf5f_o.jpg

Ooooh…. Rail launcher. Want.

/I’m still growing into MPR and HPR. So far, the biggest engine I’ve used is an Aerotech E30-4T. I’ve got a couple F’s designated for a launch for “pure badass” if I can get the recovery system finished and a big enough field before then.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

I’m jealous of those guys too. They are senior members of the local rocket club, while I am the most junior member. My rocket is puny by comparison (penis joke goes here).

But it takes pictures, so I’ve got that goin for me, which is nice.
    We launch at a military landing field way out of town. They let us use it whenever they’re not scheduled to use it.
    Your Phoenix looks pretty sweet, can’t wait to see what you’re going to have for the contest!

/cool story bro: the “actual photo” on the box is obviously NOT an actual photo – it’s a drawing or a painting

orionid
    Participant

That’s the same “actual photo” they used on the old astrocam. I still have a modified version of that where I turned the camera section upside down to get the fins into the shot. http://www.flickr.com/photos/orionid/4423864208/

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Why did you turn the camera the other way? Won’t it take pictures of the sky when you do that? I skimmed your photostream to see if I could find any aerial shots, without success. If you have any, I’d love to see them! My stepdad, who bought the Snapshot for me, wanted me to develop the film after a couple launches, but I’m waiting to get a few more. Therefore, I have no idea what the “actual photos” might look like.
    While I was looking, your “Drag Race” shot with the two simultaneous lift-offs made me do a double-take … and then I saw the comment. Nice work on the PS – the Iranian DOD could use you on their team 😉

orionid
    Participant

I haven’t developed any from this roll yet. The last roll was 14 years old by the time I developed it, so it came out blank. If you use a shorter delay engine like a c6-3, you’ll get a “lookdown” approach. The rocket will still be coasting upward when the ejection charge snaps the shutter, so you should get a downward view of the launch area, or shallow horizon with the fins in view on one edge of the photo. I’ll probably develop this roll at 10 or 12 launches.

Thanks for the PS kudos.

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • The topic ‘03-17-10 – Farkitecture’ is closed to new replies.