03-25-09 – Tiptoe Through the Tulips

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-25-09 – Tiptoe Through the Tulips

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Morningbreath
    Participant

I’d love to see this theme get repeated as a “classic”.

actually, this is the third flower contest, Flower Power’s I and II were done a long time ago. Maybe this contest should have been Flower Power III. In any event I would be up for Flower Power IV.

linguine
    Participant

I feel like I overdosed on saturated colors after reviewing (and voting) tonight. Lots of the photos tonight practically jumped off the monitor and smacked you in the face. I’d love to see this theme get repeated as a “classic”.

I don’t think you have to worry about flowers not coming up again in the future, its been a pretty popular theme every time we’ve done it.

sleeping
    Participant

To get a black background you don’t need pure black, just need a sufficient brightness difference to exceed the dynamic range of your camera, so you can do it if you can find a subject in bright sun against a background that’s in deep shade. Locating a framing without extraneous bits of sunlight in the background isn’t always easy though.

Thank you for that explanation–made total sense!

Oh, the other thing is you need to spot meter off the flower (or whatever) so your camera doesn’t try to expose for the background…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’d love to see this theme get repeated as a “classic”.

actually, this is the third flower contest, Flower Power’s I and II were done a long time ago. Maybe this contest should have been Flower Power III. In any event I would be up for Flower Power IV.

Yep. I think we even mentioned in the discussion thread on this one that we have the Flower Power classic theme, but the title on this one was pretty nifty.

Oh, the other thing is you need to spot meter off the flower (or whatever) so your camera doesn’t try to expose for the background…

That also makes sense, thanks!

Morningbreath
    Participant

Elsinore, could you fix a broken image for me?

2009-03-25 08:03:31 PM

nobigdeal
    Participant

Wow…No lurve for my Christmas Cactus.
    Great shots though!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yep, got it, Morningbreath

Morningbreath
    Participant

thanks Elsinore. It was nice to see Bobroberts is still around, I hope he posts in contests again soon.

mopsy
    Participant

I can’t believe that I did not enable voting on my third entry. Even though it is late, Elsinor, could you activate the voting on 2009-03-25 08:09:09PM?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Oh crap, mopsy, I’m sorry I didn’t notice it before now. It’s vote enabled now, though.

mopsy
    Participant

Thanks Elsinor. It’s my fault. We have our two grandsons this week for their spring break and I did not take the time to go back and check the photos after I entered them.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Thanks Elsinor. It’s my fault. We have our two grandsons this week for their spring break and I did not take the time to go back and check the photos after I entered them.

I wondered why that one was off when I went through the entries and voted. I like that shot, am glad you turned it on, and just went back to add my vote.

mopsy
    Participant

Thanks Choc-Ful-A. At first I was going to let it go because the majority of the voting was probably already done, but then decided I could use whatever votes it still was able to get as my other two are not doing well. I like your little winter bush flowers. It was different.

Uranus
    Participant

damn…missed this!
    weird working hours lately, and an entire missing file of photos……grrr!
    no time for new ones, and unable to hold a camera for at least onther 3 weeks….

nice work, everyone.

zenprowler
    Participant

thought I would break my lurking forum silence to say thanks for all for the votes 🙂 I’ve never done so well and I’m really pleased so many liked the pic 🙂

a happy zen!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • The topic ‘03-25-09 – Tiptoe Through the Tulips’ is closed to new replies.