03-25-09 – Tiptoe Through the Tulips

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-25-09 – Tiptoe Through the Tulips

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

Argh!

” … WINTER WEATHER TO RETURN TO INTERIOR NORTHERN CALIFORNIA THIS WEEKEND…

A STORM SYSTEM FROM THE GULF OF ALASKA WILL DROP SOUTH ALONG THE WEST COAST AND MOVE THROUGH THE REGION THIS WEEKEND. THIS SYSTEM WILL BRING COOLER TEMPERATURES ALONG WITH GUSTY WINDS. PRECIPITATION MAY START EARLY SATURDAY OVER THE NORTHERN MOUNTAINS AND BY LATE SATURDAY MORNING OVER THE WESTERN SLOPES OF THE SIERRA NEVADA.”

There go my plans for this contest :/

And then the cold hits the midwest and frost sets in to the early crops then the season goes to crap and the lack of crops leads to dustbowl and the soil nutrients blow away in the wind and…. Hey! We areally are repeating the 30’s!

olavf
    Participant

LOL it’s not gonna be that bad, but we’re trying to figure out if the place is open today or not. Their ‘hotline’ has yesterday’s status still, with a note that due to the weather they may be closed and that I should call before heading up there.

http://www.amadorcountychamber.com/Daffodil%20Hill.htm

ackb4r
    Participant

72 and sunny here.. got some great shots at the arboretum last weekend.

My problem is that the contests open so late I never get anything submitted until the next morning.

U-Man
    Participant

I totally heart staplermofo’s sense of humor.

/there wasn’t anything else to do to the word heart.
    //too tired to make it linked to, like, a heart.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

I’m using my favorite shot that I’ve taken so far with my d60. It’s a simple shot of a strand of wildflowers. Don’t know what it is I just fell in love with it instantly. I’m very interested to see how it resonates with others.

nobigdeal
    Participant

I’m using my favorite shot that I’ve taken so far with my d60. It’s a simple shot of a strand of wildflowers. Don’t know what it is I just fell in love with it instantly. I’m very interested to see how it resonates with others.

If it’s like any of my favorites that I posted it will resonate like this… *thud*
    😉

Farktography is a fickle beast, but that’s what makes it more fun than a regular photo contest

Curious
    Participant

If it’s like any of my favorites that I posted it will resonate like this… *thud*
    😉

Farktography is a fickle beast, but that’s what makes it more fun than a regular photo contest

i can’t tell you how many times that has happened to me. and probably will tonight 🙂

olavf
    Participant

Amen to that brother.

At least with the weather going sour last weekend I got a chance to finish setting up my studio in the garage.

That’s right, gotta photography studio in the garage… w00t! *dances*

bucky_bacon
    Participant

I don’t see why artificial flowers would be a problem. The theme just says flowers.

Hmmm… artificial flowers? I’m thinking of taking a risk now… we’ll see how that goes too. 😉

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    bucky_bacon
    Participant

Elsinore, do you have some kind of bug sex trigger on your camera, or what? How does that work exactly? I’m stunned by the frequency of your kinky bug pics. With that said, well done!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol Thanks 😉 It’s my not-so-secret, not-so-super Secret Superhero Power. I wish I’d gotten invisibility or flying, but ya take what you get.

justkat
    Participant

there are a lot of beautiful pictures posted. and i’ll tell y’all… i really love the pictures i entered. even if they tank in the contest, they are going up on my page of favorites when we get our gallery repaired. so neener neener to anyone who doesn’t vote for them, cuz *I* love them! heeheehee

I’m not fishing for compliments, just saying that i’m glad this contest got me some pictures that i love.

justkat
    Participant

It’s my not-so-secret, not-so-super Secret Superhero Power.

that’s kind of a tongue twister. and very cute. =D

millera9
    Participant

I think you fared pretty well, Els; some of those other superpowers are apparently more than they’re Cracked up to be. (Pun intended).

http://www.cracked.com/article_17185_7-awesome-super-powers-ruined-by-science.html (NSFW language)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • The topic ‘03-25-09 – Tiptoe Through the Tulips’ is closed to new replies.