03-25-09 – Tiptoe Through the Tulips

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-25-09 – Tiptoe Through the Tulips

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Flowers of all kinds, they don’t have to be tulips.

Thanks for the theme suggestion, jpatten!

lokisbong
    Participant

I have a lot of flower pictures with the Powershot but virtually none with the EOS. I’m wishing spring was here already. Gonna be all archive picks I think.

orionid
    Participant

I hope the snow in upstate NY melts by then…..

corsec67
    Participant

I have a lot of flower pictures with the Powershot but virtually none with the EOS. I’m wishing spring was here already. Gonna be all archive picks I think.

I am assuming that a flower shop/indoor garden would qualify for this contest, right?

(In Denver the Butterfly Pavilion would be a great place to get some pictures of flowers/butterflies.)

jpatten
    Participant

yes indoor flowers are fine
    Sorry I have been away.. life gets busy at times

monsieurstabby
    Participant

I’m really looking forward to this one. There’s just so much you can do with it.

corsec67
    Participant

This theme seems a bit early in the year to me. (Or flowers bloom late in a high-altitude desert) This is also before my move to Japan, so this is mostly an archive digging contest for me.

I did get 1 picture I am going to use at the Denver Butterfly Pavilion, but it seemed like the butterflies weren’t hungry in the time I was there.

I have a picture of a model with flowers; the SFW requirement eliminated some of my pictures.

staplermofo
    Participant

It’s a shame you won’t be in Japan for this. You could have gotten a shot of the infamous nose blossom.

orionid
    Participant

It’s a shame you won’t be in Japan for this. You could have gotten a shot of the infamous nose blossom.

What the hell was that?

millera9
    Participant

What the hell was that?

schnee, do you think you could code some kind of auto-poster that would add a warning to any post of mofo‘s that included a link? Maybe something like:

WARNING! Above link may be insane and/or Japanese. Reader is advised to drop acid and wait for hallucinogenic effects before clicking.”

😉

linguine
    Participant

What the hell was that?

I have no idea but I couldnt even make it half way through.

staplermofo
    Participant

The flowers had noses for blossoms and could easily be photographed year round. It was perfectly relevant.
    You see, in Japanese, hana can mean nose or blossom. It’s a pun.
    I thought you guys liked puns. I guess I was wrong.

*runs off crying*

staplermofo
    Participant

Any chance artificial are ok?

Even the flower shops are short on flowers round these parts.

WARNING! Above link may be insane and/or Japanese. Reader is advised to drop acid and wait for hallucinogenic effects before clicking.”

Question is serious, Japanity aside.

olavf
    Participant

Argh!

” … WINTER WEATHER TO RETURN TO INTERIOR NORTHERN CALIFORNIA THIS WEEKEND…

A STORM SYSTEM FROM THE GULF OF ALASKA WILL DROP SOUTH ALONG THE WEST COAST AND MOVE THROUGH THE REGION THIS WEEKEND. THIS SYSTEM WILL BRING COOLER TEMPERATURES ALONG WITH GUSTY WINDS. PRECIPITATION MAY START EARLY SATURDAY OVER THE NORTHERN MOUNTAINS AND BY LATE SATURDAY MORNING OVER THE WESTERN SLOPES OF THE SIERRA NEVADA.”

There go my plans for this contest :/

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I don’t see why artificial flowers would be a problem. The theme just says flowers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • The topic ‘03-25-09 – Tiptoe Through the Tulips’ is closed to new replies.