04-09-08 – Feel the Heat

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-09-08 – Feel the Heat

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Uranus
    Participant

I guess the accent is on things, so biologicals are out . And heat is the thermal kind, with the exclusion of capsicin. There. I said it.

FutherMucker
    Participant

Cripes !….I just knew I was going to regret setting my armpit hairs on fire with my crack pipe torch.

No. Seriously. The final word is no people in the frame, period..Yes?

Killerclaw
    Participant

Cripes !….I just knew I was going to regret setting my armpit hairs on fire with my crack pipe torch.

Oh feck, my picture was going to be of MLB pitchers.

U-Man
    Participant

I’m on the fence with the “No people” thing. On one hand, we do have enough themes that include people and we have excluded people before. On the other, there have been some good examples presented of how people could be in the frame without being the actual source of hotness.

I’ve just fallen off of the fence on the side of “People cannot be the main subject” or “Any people in the frame cannot be the actual source of heat”.

That’s just my $.02. It’s not all that important to me. (i.e. I don’t have anything yet.)

FutherMucker
    Participant

Well, there’s no visible heat generated by a pitch….However, if you’re aiming to shoot the hottest arm in MLB, look no further than Joel “Zoom-Zoom” Zumaya, of my Detroit Tigers….He was clocked, during a MLB game, at 104.8mph….During a spring training game against the Yankees, the speedgun reported one of his pitches at 107mph….The 104.8mph pitch should be the new record, but somehow it’s not “official” yet.
    🙄

U-Man
    Participant

Well, there’s no visible heat generated by a pitch….However, if you’re aiming to shoot the hottest arm in MLB, look no further than Joel “Zoom-Zoom” Zumaya, of my Detroit Tigers….He was clocked, during a MLB game, at 104.8mph….During a spring training game against the Yankees, the speedgun reported one of his pitches at 107mph….The 104.8mph pitch should be the new record, but somehow it’s not “official” yet.
    🙄

That is, like, crazy fast. My arm hurts just reading about it.

Mr.BobDobalita
    Participant

🙄

WHAT?!! I had no idea Zumaya could throw that hard… wow… I didn’t know we had our own Rob Dibble in D-town… that’s awesome!

Uranus
    Participant

yes. and i shot myself in the foot with that one , too. have to go and re-shoot this weekend.

Killerclaw
    Participant

Well, there’s no visible heat generated by a pitch….

Fast balls have always been considered “the heat”

FutherMucker
    Participant

Fast balls have always been considered “the heat”

Yep…I probably would have voted just for the cleverness of it. 8)

corsec67
    Participant

And just now I realize that the theme includes “flames”, and things that are hot, not just “stuff that is designed to get hot”. I was looking at my pictures of lighters and such…

Fire…. I have plenty of that…. Almost as much as I have deer.

millera9
    Participant

And just now I realize that the theme includes “flames”, and things that are hot, not just “stuff that is designed to get hot”. I was looking at my pictures of lighters and such…

Fire…. I have plenty of that…. Almost as much as I have deer.

Huh. I wonder if you could light a deer on fire without hurting it too much…? 😈

corsec67
    Participant

Huh. I wonder if you could light a deer on fire without hurting it too much…? 😈

Not without hurting it significantly, which I wouldn’t do.

Yep, looks like I am putting on my pyro hat this contest. (Pyro hat looks like this helmet)

Morningbreath
    Participant

I’m looking around my house for things I can burn today, either I will end up with some cool photos, or will make the fark main page as a dumbass, only time will tell.

linguine
    Participant

I’m looking around my house for things I can burn today, either I will end up with some cool photos, or will make the fark main page as a dumbass, only time will tell.

At least we should be entertained either way.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • The topic ‘04-09-08 – Feel the Heat’ is closed to new replies.