04-09-08 – Feel the Heat

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-09-08 – Feel the Heat

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Damn, I thought the resolution had been no people as the source of the heat, but incidental people like firemen at a fire were OK. Was that not the case?

Uranus said this as the end of the revision discussion:

I guess the accent is on things, so biologicals are out . And heat is the thermal kind, with the exclusion of capsicin. There. I said it.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Tough one this week for me. I didn’t get the chance to get out and do the shots I had in mind so it was off to the archives.

Nice effort so far though people.

U-Man
    Participant

Many thanks to Uranus for giving me an excuse to play with gas and fire. 😀 I took some shots on Monday night and liked what I saw. But I just had to do it again on Tuesday. Most of the fun was done by pouring gasoline in an old smelting pot, putting it in the kids sandbox and angling it toward the camera. Many beautiful shots.

swampa
    Participant

Many thanks to Uranus for giving me an excuse to play with gas and fire. 😀

It was nice to be able to let the inner pyro out for a while 🙂

soosh
    Participant

Damn, I thought the resolution had been no people as the source of the heat, but incidental people like firemen at a fire were OK. Was that not the case?

Uranus said this as the end of the revision discussion:

I guess the accent is on things, so biologicals are out . And heat is the thermal kind, with the exclusion of capsicin. There. I said it.

Ah, I was scanning for the word “people” and missed “biologicals”.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I have a feeling this one will be good enough to repeat at some point, and if we do, we can certainly adjust the difficulty for the repeat.

jpatten
    Participant

Shoot I think I may have blown it with one of my pictures then.. I forgot the no people stipulation…

soosh
    Participant

One of Uranus’ has hands in it as well.

corsec67
    Participant

Hmm, and my first one has some very tiny people in it, on the edge. I could crop them out, if that would be necessary.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hmm, and my first one has some very tiny people in it, on the edge. I could crop them out, if that would be necessary.

I can’t see them, though I didn’t look at the full size. If you’d feel better cropping them out, that’s fine, but as the image is now, whatever people are there are so tiny as to be unnoticeable.

jpatten
    Participant

not sure I could do that with mine with out really messing up the composition. Of course I admit I wasn’t shooting that picture for the contest. … just capturing some excitement during lunch hour.

Uranus
    Participant

Yay! I got all three posted with voting enabled, so Elsinore doesn’t need to fix my lack…

Yeah, but you had a person in the first one 🙁

Speaking of which, Uranus, you have the hands in one of your shots, which is kind of borderline, but I can see an argument for leaving it given it’s just hands. Still, I don’t want people to see it as a double standard…

yeah, i couldn’t crop them out without both losing the impact and totally changing the pic….I figured as much. backup furnace pic is now up. I see SilverStag and I thought alike.

FutherMucker
    Participant

Great stuff, people !

Here I was thinking how unique my image of a glassblower with his rod in the gloryhole would have been….Boy, was I wrong. Saved by the difficulty. 😆

lokisbong
    Participant

I have a feeling this one will be good enough to repeat at some point, and if we do, we can certainly adjust the difficulty for the repeat.

that would be very cool.I’m pretty sure all my shots sucked this week .I think I waited to long to take the pictures and I didn’t get any really stand out shots.next weeks contest should be better .I got a bunch of pics of glass

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • The topic ‘04-09-08 – Feel the Heat’ is closed to new replies.