04-09-08 – Feel the Heat

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-09-08 – Feel the Heat

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    corsec67
    Participant

I’m looking around my house for things I can burn today, either I will end up with some cool photos, or will make the fark main page as a dumbass, only time will tell.

“Farktographer burns house down trying to get cool picture, of fail” kind of headline?

Curious
    Participant

just wanted to say hi and that the recent contests have been pretty good. seems like a good theme really helps the contest. DUH

maybe i’ll be able to find some time to get back into these but until then i’m enjoying looking and voting.

soosh
    Participant

torched some US coinage last night in the pursuit of photos for the contest tonight.

pennies are so cool when they swell up and disgorge their aluminum center.

soosh
    Participant

aaaaand not really a damned one of them worth using.

caradoc
    Participant

Yay! I got all three posted with voting enabled, so Elsinore doesn’t need to fix my lack…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yay! I got all three posted with voting enabled, so Elsinore doesn’t need to fix my lack…

Yeah, but you had a person in the first one 🙁

Speaking of which, Uranus, you have the hands in one of your shots, which is kind of borderline, but I can see an argument for leaving it given it’s just hands. Still, I don’t want people to see it as a double standard…

caradoc
    Participant

…and I received a shipment of fail anyway. I thought the issue was “no people as subjects.”

Elsinore
    Keymaster

There was discussion about revising the difficulty, but it was left as “no people”

caradoc
    Participant

Even if I’d cropped the original, I would have lost the sign – there were more people visible under it. So, different image.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

‘kay that works.

corsec67
    Participant

And I finally get to use my “Arc of Fire” picture. That is literally the second picture where I knew I had something great when I took it, back in 2006. (The first is this mirror lake type picture)

Great work everyone.

lesliebeslie
    Participant

Yeah, one of mine was deleted for having half of a person in it. I hoped that would fly, as it’s not the focus, but I guess not. 😥

Elsinore
    Keymaster

And I finally get to use my “Arc of Fire” picture. That is literally the second picture where I knew I had something great when I took it, back in 2006. (The first is this mirror lake type picture)

Great work everyone.

That fire arc is way cool, and that mirrored lake is gorgeous!

soosh
    Participant

Damn, I thought the resolution had been no people as the source of the heat, but incidental people like firemen at a fire were OK. Was that not the case?

SilverStag
    Participant

I had a hard time deciding on which images to use tonight. I just shot a glassblowing class last week, and had lots to choose from. I changed my mind on one right at the last second- had to go back and change it on the host and everything.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • The topic ‘04-09-08 – Feel the Heat’ is closed to new replies.