04-11-12 – Watercraft

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-11-12 – Watercraft

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

Is this acceptable?

If not I have some other shots I can use.

I’m not a mod, and I don’t play one on TV, but I approve this message…in a bottle…

Kestrana
    Participant

What is this…I don’t even ….?

hunches
    Participant

lol.. I spent a while today trying to get a decent picture of a floaty thing with the beer in the cup holder, but it was a little too windy and wound up being a pain in the ass. When I got bored I floated the bottle around for a bit. I liked this picture a lot more than the others I got, but totally lost sight of the point of the theme being things that are *meant* to travel in water :p

It’s your party, if you don’t like it I won’t use it 🙂

Kestrana
    Participant

Well as I said about the dead leaves, it technically fits the rule of the theme without fitting the spirit of the theme, so you’re welcome to submit it and let the voters figure it out. Quite honestly I couldn’t tell the bottle was floating until orionid pointed that out.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Can someone hit me up with an OBO tonight? I have a Game of Thrones Season 2 Marathon Watching Event which will leave me late to the par-tay?

Here is the relevant code:

Click for Flickr^
    “Photo Finish: Hudson River Tugboat Races”

Click For Flickr^
    “I’m Sailing Away, Set An Open Course for the Virgin Sea”

Click for Flickr^
    “Where it all ends I can’t fathom my friends, If I knew I might toss out my anchor”

Thanks in Advance!

Yugoboy
    Participant

I’m working tonight. I expect to be home around 8-ish. I’ll get your OBO ennuipoet.

If something happens and nobody sees me by 9, someone else can step in. I can’t imagine what would keep me that long, though… gonna be cold, and risk of rain… I ain’t stickin’ around any longer than I has to…

ennuipoet
    Participant

I’m working tonight. I expect to be home around 8-ish. I’ll get your OBO ennuipoet.

If something happens and nobody sees me by 9, someone else can step in. I can’t imagine what would keep me that long, though… gonna be cold, and risk of rain… I ain’t stickin’ around any longer than I has to…

Gray See Ass!

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    Yugoboy
    Participant

Dammit… forgot to add “OBO ennuipoet” on the first one I posted for him… can ya get it Elsinore? TIA!

bender16v
    Participant

Hmm, I walked into my hotel room, switched on the computer, and saw the contest so I posted. It’s the only time I’ve ever had the first post, probably bad luck. I really like this theme, and will keep it in mind in case it comes back since I like boats and spend a lot of time on the water.

Here are some B’s from last weekend:
    Tadoussac-Quebec 138 Ferry: http://bender16v.com/fark/fark%20watercraft%20B1.jpg
    Old Boat: http://bender16v.com/fark/fark%20watercraft%20B2.jpg
    Morning Freighter on the Saint Lawrence: http://bender16v.com/fark/fark%20watercraft%20B3.jpg
    Same ferry after a tough hike up a mountain: http://bender16v.com/fark/fark%20watercraft%20B4.jpg

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Dammit… forgot to add “OBO ennuipoet” on the first one I posted for him… can ya get it Elsinore? TIA!

Yep, already did 🙂

Hmm, I walked into my hotel room, switched on the computer, and saw the contest so I posted. It’s the only time I’ve ever had the first post, probably bad luck.

Yeah, for future reference, be sure to wait until the Boobies post with the theme description and rules is posted before posting your entries. Generally speaking, entries posted before the official Boobies are subject to deletion/required to repost. I ended up moving the Boobies back in time, tonight.

bender16v
    Participant

O.K., thanks for the exception. I’m not usually so prompt and don’t plan to be in the future.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It’s not a huge deal. Sometimes there’s a delay in getting the Boobies posted for one reason or another once the thread is submitted, and people jump the gun, leading to other people thinking the Boobies are there and the thread’s a go. But in the grand scheme of things, there are far worse Farktography offenses than posting before the Boobies (e.g. actual rule breaking like HDR in regular threads or dividing by zero).

Curious
    Participant

i have been known to prostrate myself before boobies. does that count?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Haven’t we all? Wait, what?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • The topic ‘04-11-12 – Watercraft’ is closed to new replies.