04-11-12 – Watercraft

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-11-12 – Watercraft

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

Oh, hai.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Posting from the road this week. Pope Larry, I was wondering if I’d see any other U-505; I thought maybe Kes, Mopsy, or U-Man, but didn’t expect to see it from you. Sorry about that, but I had to make my selection a few days ago before I left.

olavf, kat – it may be on FB or G+, but since I do neither, where the heck have y’all been? Hope it’s a happy reason and not something crappy like health-related. Regardless, good to see from you both again.

Several bees this week.

olavf
    Participant

CauseISaidSo Nah, personally, I’ve just had a lot on my plate – website redesign and a whole bunch of various projects, and something had to slip. kat has been getting two books ready to publish (one went out the other week, the other later this month hopefully) so she’s been pretty tied up too. 🙂

-edit, and I’m on G+ mostly, there’s quite a thriving photography community there. Facebook, I just wandered back to recently as well now that I have a little extra time.

lokisbong
    Participant

Haven’t we all? Wait, what?

I know I have and I do know a few women who have also. lol

ravnostic
    Participant

I had nothing for this one, but enjoyed a lot of you alls’ images. Seriously, how’s a guy in Arizona gonna compete with nuclear subs and old frigates?

//I think I’ll manage to find something for ‘Sun in Frame’ though. :oD

Barracuda
    Participant

Blasted, not only did I never make it down to White Rock Lake to get some new photos, but completely forgot last night to post what I’d dug up from the archives. Finally have mine submitted this morning, better late than never.

Great photos all around. Kes, I have a friend of the family who did several voyages on the Eagle while at the USGC academy, but have to say that the shot of the USS Nautilus is one of my favorites thus far. Wore out my mouse clicking the ‘Best’ btn this morning, if the votes are low this week, it isn’t my fault! 😆

hunches
    Participant

I had nothing for this one, but enjoyed a lot of you alls’ images. Seriously, how’s a guy in Arizona gonna compete with nuclear subs and old frigates?

//I think I’ll manage to find something for ‘Sun in Frame’ though. :oD

Tell me about it rav – I’ve heard some crap about AZ having the highest boat ownership per capita, but I think it’s a lie and the ones around are not that impressive anyway. Also couldn’t find time to drive up to a lake this week. Onwards and upwards 😀

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

Posting from the road this week. Pope Larry, I was wondering if I’d see any other U-505; I thought maybe Kes, Mopsy, or U-Man, but didn’t expect to see it from you. Sorry about that, but I had to make my selection a few days ago before I left.

The U-505 shot was an archive dive, sort of. I keep a book with all the upcoming contests in it and keep it in mind when out shooting.

It’s too bad they don’t allow pictures inside the U-boat, they would have been spectacular.

Kestrana
    Participant

I was surprised to see how many subjects chosen by other photographers I have also photographed. I did consider a U505 picture and I’ve got pictures of Alcatraz, the Staten Island ferry, cargo ships, etc. etc. I should have figured sleeping would use the Nautilus too since our pictures were taken at the same time 😛

orionid
    Participant
    ennuipoet
    Participant

I was surprised to see how many subjects chosen by other photographers I have also photographed. I did consider a U505 picture and I’ve got pictures of Alcatraz, the Staten Island ferry, cargo ships, etc. etc. I should have figured sleeping would use the Nautilus too since our pictures were taken at the same time 😛

I would’ve added my own, but my keepers were all HDR so were right out for this thread.

cameraflage
    Participant

It’s too bad they don’t allow pictures inside the U-boat, they would have been spectacular.

I’m assuming the museum sells photos of the interior…why wouldnt they let people take photos inside a captured German submarine from WW2?

Yugoboy
    Participant

I’m assuming the museum sells photos of the interior…why wouldnt they let people take photos inside a captured German submarine from WW2?

I wonder about that myself. At Pearl Harbor there’s a submarine you can go in, and nobody stopped me from taking a whole bunch of photos. Same is true for the sub moored at Buffalo’s harbor. Both are WWII vintage. I can understand if there’s a tour of a modern nuclear sub, but…

ennuipoet
    Participant

Just finished voting for this week…god, there were a lot of REALLY good entries. Kudos to all!

orionid
    Participant

I wonder about that myself. At Pearl Harbor there’s a submarine you can go in, and nobody stopped me from taking a whole bunch of photos. Same is true for the sub moored at Buffalo’s harbor. Both are WWII vintage. I can understand if there’s a tour of a modern nuclear sub, but…

because the U-505 exhibit charges extra to go inside.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • The topic ‘04-11-12 – Watercraft’ is closed to new replies.