04-14-10 – One is the Loneliest Number

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-14-10 – One is the Loneliest Number

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Keywords: one and lonely. Difficulty: No self portraits.

Thanks for the theme suggestion, SilverStag!

ravnostic
    Participant

Is this people only? I have ideas of other subjects besides people.

corsec67
    Participant

Is this people only? I have ideas of other subjects besides people.

Pretty sure this is an open theme.

Just wondering how staplermofo is going to make a stapler look lonely.

ravnostic
    Participant

Well, I hope so, Cors. I’m spending part of tomorrow taking pics and uploading them to my website so I can post before I start work Wed. night (I have 1 hour before my work shift in which to do so if I want to be on page one). I’ve thought of a couple of creative idears, none of which involve people. I’m sure there will be a lot of sad looking puppies and kittens, I’m trying to think outside of the box, in hopes of actually getting some votes this time.

I’m sad that I haven’t gotten many votes with my pics; but it just drives me to try to be more and more creative each week that I can participate. The HDRs were fantastic, but I don’t have the technology for that.

olavf
    Participant

I’m sad that I haven’t gotten many votes with my pics; but it just drives me to try to be more and more creative each week that I can participate. The HDRs were fantastic, but I don’t have the technology for that.

I came to a crossroads a while back… what I consider my best work, and the things that seem to strike a chord with people I talk to, often do terribly well. But sometimes they do, and sometimes the stuff that I do for fun (or just post for the hell of it) do. You can never tell.

I resolved this year to post the stuff I like, and what speaks to me, and hope for the best.

In all honesty, consider the format… When I go to vote there’s generally 100+ pictures to go through. I’m bound to miss some I like, and I’m sure I unintentionally skip things I’d absolutely love in another setting.

/oh, and so long as I can get off my arse, one of my shots won’t involve people this week. Of the others…one might make someone lonely, and the other might disturb. But, it’s what’s in my head so it has to get out.

staplermofo
    Participant

Just wondering how staplermofo is going to make a stapler look lonely.

So far my plans are (1) a stapler spoofing Picasso’s blue period, (2) a stapler with a mini volleyball with a stapler face drawn on it, and (3) a stapler overdosing while IMing someone about being hardcore.

Past experience tells me they’ll all turn out to be harder than I thought, so I’ll give up, wallow in self pity, get drunk and weep to myself while watching old youtube videos of S/mileage working for their major debut.

WHICH WOULD BE AN EASY SHOT BUT SOME JERK SAID NO SELF PORTRAITS!

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah I’m pretty much regretting suggesting that now since I’ve had a billion ideas for portraiture, all of which would involve using myself as the model because Washington is a lame place to live right now.

On the other hand I am pretty happy with what I do have for this week and like that challenge.

ravnostic
    Participant

I resolved this year to post the stuff I like, and what speaks to me, and hope for the best.

But, it’s what’s in my head so it has to get out.

Yep, my consensus, too.

ravnostic
    Participant

So far my plans are (1) a stapler spoofing Picasso’s blue period, (2) a stapler with a mini volleyball with a stapler face drawn on it, and (3) a stapler overdosing while IMing someone about being hardcore.

Past experience tells me they’ll all turn out to be harder than I thought, so I’ll give up, wallow in self pity, get drunk and weep to myself while watching old youtube videos of S/mileage working for their major debut.

Bejezus, I laughed SO hard I either gave meself a hernia or a woody, I’m not sure which yet!!

ravnostic
    Participant

Bejezus, I laughed SO hard I either gave meself a hernia or a woody, I’m not sure which yet!!

Turns out it was a woody. Serendipity!!

LeicaLens
    Participant

Turns out it was a woody. Serendipity!!

Way, WAAAAYYYYYY too much information there, ravnostic 😯

ravnostic
    Participant

What, I was only kidding! Elsewise, I’d have posted a Fic. Sheez. Can’t youz peepholes get a joke?

🙂

;-P

LeicaLens
    Participant

What, I was only kidding! Elsewise, I’d have posted a Fic. Sheez. Can’t youz peepholes get a joke?

🙂

;-P

I can’t get all of mine in one shot; I don’t have an ultra wide-angle lens
    🙁

olavf
    Participant

But, it’s what’s in my head so it has to get out.

Yep, my consensus, too.

But, I actually have three shots I’m really happy with this week, for a change. And none of them archive shots either, woo!
    /I’ve been in kind of a ‘slump’ for the last few months. Hopefully that’s broken…

OTOH, I really hate having to blur my shots. Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn’t just go after forgiveness rather than permission…

ravnostic
    Participant

I got my three shots, which, if I’m not entirely happy with, are at least acceptable and (I think) creative. Whether they’re vote getters or not will be up to the viewers (and frankly, I think not, but what the hell…)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • The topic ‘04-14-10 – One is the Loneliest Number’ is closed to new replies.