04-14-10 – One is the Loneliest Number

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-14-10 – One is the Loneliest Number

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Zero_Exponent
    Participant

corsec67 – what’s the story behind your shot of the person sitting under a string of lights, looking over the city?

nobigdeal
    Participant

Dude, I voted for you.

Thanks! 🙂

I’m not stressing over it. I was just surprised. I have had entries not get votes before but never all three!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol Yeah I know how that goes. I have plenty of down weeks for my up weeks, this being a decided down week with my whopping 11 votes. 😆

lokisbong
    Participant

I have one vote between my three so far but that seems to be the norm for me the last month or so. with me it is the rare good week that seems to punctuate my normal losing streak.

caradoc
    Participant

I’ve given up on trying to reason out the voting trends, and just go with “De gustibus disputandum non est.”

justkat
    Participant

Wow…Not one vote yet for any of my entries.

Are they really that bad?

Dude, I’ve been there. I haven’t voted yet, but I actually try not to look at the farktographers’ names until after I’ve voted. Considering your track record, I highly doubt your pix are “that bad”. 🙂

bucky_bacon
    Participant

… I actually try not to look at the farktographers’ names until after I’ve voted. …

Yeah me too. I try to guess who it is before I peek. I tabbed Kestrana‘s “One Cup” as a U-Man. That should be a compliment 🙂

olavf
    Participant

There’s a “two Farktographers, one cup” joke in there, but I’m not making it.

Kestrana
    Participant

… I actually try not to look at the farktographers’ names until after I’ve voted. …

Yeah me too. I try to guess who it is before I peek. I tabbed Kestrana‘s “One Cup” as a U-Man. That should be a compliment 🙂

Wow, it is indeed, thank you.

I vote right away so I’m not influenced by the trend and keep voting as new pictures are added.

When I said the scene needed more of someone else that’s not exactly what I meant…

bucky_bacon
    Participant

bwahahaha… 🙂 nice one olavf

I have to call out linguine though. This is creepin’ me out. Way back w/ “Rocks” I had a shot of the Grand Canyon that I wanted to use and saw that you posted one of the EXACT same location and crop. There have been 3 or 4 others since that have been creepy similar, but don’t come to mind and didn’t bother to mention it. But this week puts it over the line for me. I didn’t post this week, was out of town last night, but the only shot I had in mind was this one: http://www.speedpicks.com/oneone.jpg

Compared to your meerkat shot…. I dunno. Sure people are going to have similar shots but it’s like you’re in my mind, man. Anyhow that’s a long-winded way of saying that I like your shots. Ha!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I vote right away so I’m not influenced by the trend and keep voting as new pictures are added.

I do something similar, actually.

linguine
    Participant

I have to call out linguine though. This is creepin’ me out. Way back w/ “Rocks” I had a shot of the Grand Canyon that I wanted to use and saw that you posted one of the EXACT same location and crop. There have been 3 or 4 others since that have been creepy similar, but don’t come to mind and didn’t bother to mention it. But this week puts it over the line for me. I didn’t post this week, was out of town last night, but the only shot I had in mind was this one: http://www.speedpicks.com/oneone.jpg

Compared to your meerkat shot…. I dunno. Sure people are going to have similar shots but it’s like you’re in my mind, man. Anyhow that’s a long-winded way of saying that I like your shots. Ha!

Well its good to know that my spies aren’t just making stuff up and are actually earning their money.

corsec67
    Participant

corsec67 – what’s the story behind your shot of the person sitting under a string of lights, looking over the city?

That was a friend of mine, under the star they light up every year on Flagstaff near Boulder, Colorado.

I was hiking up there to take a picture of Boulder for the stitching contest, and invited him along. He stopped to take a break, and I took that picture.

orionid
    Participant

Well, if she’s into that….. 😯

Or not….. but maybe some alternatives…. 😆

So…. In the other portion of this thread, I tend to look at the top ten as the contest unfolds (in slightly hubris-laiden hopes that I’m in there with at least one), then scroll to my own to see if I’m trending to beat my average (competing with myself helps prevent alienating the cool friends like you guys), then wait until late friday night or saturday sometime (to allow for stragglers), scroll to the bottom, and move up, deciding whether I like each shot and does it get a vote individually without looking at the name.

/Not infallible, though. Pretty much every week there’s a few “stunners” that pop out during my early scroll throughs that I just have to stop and say “Who did that?” Example – last week’s landscape by dynofarkJr.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

That was a friend of mine, under the star they light up every year on Flagstaff near Boulder, Colorado.

I was hiking up there to take a picture of Boulder for the stitching contest, and invited him along. He stopped to take a break, and I took that picture.

Cool, thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • The topic ‘04-14-10 – One is the Loneliest Number’ is closed to new replies.