04-14-10 – One is the Loneliest Number

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-14-10 – One is the Loneliest Number

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    justkat
    Participant

I had three shots, all new, but I thought ‘what the hell, i’ll look at my archives’, and came up with two more. =

I ended up deciding to use two of the new ones and one older one. I’ve got absolutely no feel for how I’m going to do in the contest.

edited to add:

Y’all really need to click on olavf’s blurred shot; it’s quite powerful when you can see it.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

edited to add:

Y’all really need to click on olavf’s blurred shot; it’s quite powerful when you can see it.

Having seen it, I totally agree. It’s an excellent piece of portraiture.

swampa
    Participant

Your one and lonely link (contest link)

ennuipoet
    Participant

edited to add:

Having seen it, I totally agree. It’s an excellent piece of portraiture.

Add my Keanu like “Whoa” to that, most excellent.

Kestrana: I really liked the coffee cup shot, it was beautifully lit and subtly sad.

mopsy
    Participant

just kat/olavf while I agree the infocus photo is beautiful, I really like the mystic of the blurred one.

mopsy
    Participant

just kat/olavf while I agree the infocus photo is beautiful, I really like the mystic of the blurred one.

Wow, I’m mean mystique! I’m such a pathetic speller. I’m not even sure I now have it spelled correctly. But you get the idea!

Kestrana
    Participant

Kestrana: I really liked the coffee cup shot, it was beautifully lit and subtly sad.

Thank you very much! There’s a lot of great stuff already. I love harpo‘s train tracks.

olavf
    Participant

Thanks guys (and gals). Y’all are too kind.

mopsy I see what you were getting at, but the blurred version is too ‘soft’ for the mood I was going for IMHO.

mopsy
    Participant

Thanks guys (and gals). Y’all are too kind.

mopsy I see what you were getting at, but the blurred version is too ‘soft’ for the mood I was going for IMHO.

Less blurred would work and probably still be OK for Fark. You do have a way of photographing bare skin.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, the mod consensus was that while it had nothing particularly “showing”, it was overall too much skin to be SFW, hence the blurring.

caradoc
    Participant

Hooray! I got mine in on time, remembered to enable voting, and linked ’em!

I usually miss on one of those…

olavf
    Participant

What Elsinore said. I played around with the blurring and that was the least amount I felt like I could get away with.

And thanks mopsy 🙂 I’ve been enamored of Edward Weston’s stuff lately so that makes me happy 🙂

ravnostic
    Participant

There are some seriously good entries this week, and not just from the usual suspects!

nobigdeal
    Participant

Wow…Not one vote yet for any of my entries.

Are they really that bad?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Dude, I voted for you.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • The topic ‘04-14-10 – One is the Loneliest Number’ is closed to new replies.