04-20-11 – Can I Get a Show of Hands?

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-20-11 – Can I Get a Show of Hands?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

U-Man, I Lol’d, I awed, I lol’d again. Bravo on that trio.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Here’s one for U-Man:

Inside Joke by lady_elsinore, on Flickr

mopsy
    Participant

Oh Elsinore, now that’s really funny. U-Man’s black and white bus. 😆 😆 😆

Elsinore
    Keymaster

😉 You can find anything you want on ebay.

/and Zombo.com

justkat
    Participant

U-Man, you have almost exactly 10,000 more votes evar than me going into this week. 😉

Ten.Thousand. Ten. Thousand. 😯

lokisbong
    Participant

lokisbong when you mentioned going to a cemetery for a picture I thought you were going to do a trick photography “hand of zombie popping out of the earth” shot so I decided not to shoot that one myself. Boo-urns.

Ah man! I didn’t even think about the zombies angle. It’s a shame you didn’t do it.

millera9
    Participant

Wish I could have posted these…

Before 3 by Miller Truby, on Flickr

Before 2 by Miller Truby, on Flickr

*sniff* Good times.

/not really

Curious
    Participant

my bandaged hand is part of this set although i hosted tonight’s entry on a different host. i also got a real nice CD of all my x-rays when i was through treatment. unfortunately none are on the web and flickr’s stupid photostream layout precludes adding them there.

yeah i could add them to the stream and the set but the damn stream thing lacks enough coherency as it is.

U-Man
    Participant

U-Man, I Lol’d, I awed, I lol’d again. Bravo on that trio.

Thanks. My family and I are at Sanibel Island for spring break (picked a good time to vacate the Midwest!) and I did the hairy palm shot the night before leaving. I could probably do it a smidge better with another take, but it turned out OK. The bandaged thumb is from the archives – my youngest in the screened-in porch up at Mopsy’s. The ‘Bird’ was a five shot take this afternoon. My wife just shook her head and smiled ruefully. I had another version with better focus (or less motion) but the facial expression and pose were less classic. So I went B&W and bumped to contrast.

I did a family pic of the five of us looking down into my camera with fish-eye lens pointing straight up. It turned out OK and gave me the idea to get as many people as I could at the pool to put their hands right over the camera – like 30 hands – but other things got in the way of that shot. I still might try it.

Here’s one for U-Man:

I actually chuckled out loud. The Mrs asked what was funny. I started to tell the whole story and she stopped me. Seems she has heard about this before. 🙂

U-Man, you have almost exactly 10,000 more votes evar than me going into this week. 😉

Ten.Thousand. Ten. Thousand. 😯

Ummm. Yeah. 10,002. But who is counting? 🙂

(insert another shout out to the schnee-meister here. The FSM makes this more fun for me; as I’m sure it does for others. Thanks.)

Farktographer
    Participant

Some bees for this week…

This was a lucky draw by a friend of mine during a poker game. I guess I was lucky that I folded that hand right away so I could take photos of the group.

This was a favorite of mine and was a shoe-in for this contest until the last minute…it could pop up in a later contest

I also liked this one, but didn’t know if it fit into the contest as well as my other entries.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I actually chuckled out loud. The Mrs asked what was funny. I started to tell the whole story and she stopped me. Seems she has heard about this before. 🙂

lol That does not surprise me 😆 So…pm me your addy and I’ll ship you your black and white yellow school bus 😉

orionid
    Participant

😉 You can find anything you want on ebay.

/and Zombo.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKtlK7sn0JQ

/Not a rickroll
    //Or a blackroll

Kestrana
    Participant

lokisbong when you mentioned going to a cemetery for a picture I thought you were going to do a trick photography “hand of zombie popping out of the earth” shot so I decided not to shoot that one myself. Boo-urns.

Ah man! I didn’t even think about the zombies angle. It’s a shame you didn’t do it.

I’ll have to remember that for Hallowe’en or whatever we do this year.

U-Man
    Participant

lol That does not surprise me 😆 So…pm me your addy and I’ll ship you your black and white yellow school bus 😉

Awww. Thanks. I’ll do that.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

orionid, I’ve been having an issue with your entries sporadically not showing up the past couple of contests and I was finally able to capture a trace of it. Your server is returning HTML. It doesn’t happen every time nor with every entry, but I have seen it quite frequently the past two contests.

I tried several times to include the request/response in this message, but bbcode no likey, so here’s a link to a text file with the HTTP request & response.

It looks like your server is trying to tell the browesr to re-request the image again, but I’m not sure why. Has anybody else seen this with orionid’s entries?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • The topic ‘04-20-11 – Can I Get a Show of Hands?’ is closed to new replies.