Skip to toolbar

04-20-11 – Can I Get a Show of Hands?

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-20-11 – Can I Get a Show of Hands?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Photograph human hands. Real, or otherwise.

Thank you to olavf for the theme suggestion!

zincprincess
    Participant

Are hand prints acceptable?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’d guess they’d fall under the “otherwise” category of hands.

And as an aside, technically this is probably a classic theme–I think we’ve had one or two other hand themes. NTTAWWI

Curious
    Participant

not sure about this exact theme but we have had hand shot photos before. i used a couple in the “behind the scenes” contest.

olavf
    Participant

Are hand prints acceptable?

So long as they’re human hands I’m cool with it. Likewise statues, sand impressions, etc.

I was trying to avoid paw prints, leaves that are vaguely hand-shaped, and that sort of ilk.

(personally I have a photo of hands, and some statuary, and an idea for a third that I have to get the models over to the house for)

LeicaLens
    Participant

Are, ummm, primate hands acceptable? You know, opposable thumbs and all?

olavf
    Participant

I’d prefer keeping the difficulty at ‘human’, but I can think of several potential shots where both were in the scene.

orionid
    Participant

I’d prefer keeping the difficulty at ‘human’, but I can think of several potential shots where both were in the scene.

Sign language with a gorilla?

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

Sign language with a gorilla?

I was actually planning a shot of my niece doing sign language. She’s 18 months and knows some basic words (more, bath….) She hasn’t spoken much yet, but she can sign.

ennuipoet
    Participant

So, Orionid came up with an awesome idea for this week involving xrays. U-Man couldn’t because of some crazy rules about not using valuable hospital equipment for things like Fark thread (geesh!). I, on the other hand am the radiology tech at my animal hospital, so my rules are rather more…flexible. (Hey, I get exposed to xrays dozens of times a week, what is one more time, right? And, I can read at night without a flashlight!) So my question is: is a digital xray a photograph? Can it be used in the theme? The technology is almost identical to a digital camera (to be honest if this were film I wouldn’t even ask, but I would also not do it because the film ain’t cheap, digital is 1 and 0’s) except that the light I am painting with xray radiation.

Thoughts?

olavf
    Participant

I don’t see why not, so long as you’re not using additional software to post-process and add false color or something along those lines.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

We had an xray submitted once before by JohnEBones. I allowed it then. I don’t think digital makes it less an xray than film.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Nope, straight jpeg from the xray software. Sweeeeeeeeettttt.

orionid
    Participant

I can hardly wait with antici…

PAtion.

Farktographer
    Participant

This strangely makes me want to go to the hospital and beg for an X-ray

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.