04-20-11 – Can I Get a Show of Hands?

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-20-11 – Can I Get a Show of Hands?

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah we were actually having a problem with Fark saying that the img urls weren’t actually images and his hosting hiccuped yesterday in prime voting time while neither of us could get anywhere we could do anything about it.

orionid
    Participant

orionid, I’ve been having an issue with your entries sporadically not showing up the past couple of contests and I was finally able to capture a trace of it. Your server is returning HTML. It doesn’t happen every time nor with every entry, but I have seen it quite frequently the past two contests.

I tried several times to include the request/response in this message, but bbcode no likey, so here’s a link to a text file with the HTTP request & response.

It looks like your server is trying to tell the browesr to re-request the image again, but I’m not sure why. Has anybody else seen this with orionid’s entries?

Interesting. I knew I was having some sort of dropoff problem and was blaming a godaddy hiccup. It’s happened off and on, but infrequently and usually fixed right away. I’ll look into what’s going on. Thanks.

It really hit me wednesday when I kept getting unfetchable URL errors from fark, but I just blamed beer on the servers.

lokisbong
    Participant

orionid, I’ve been having an issue with your entries sporadically not showing up the past couple of contests and I was finally able to capture a trace of it. Your server is returning HTML. It doesn’t happen every time nor with every entry, but I have seen it quite frequently the past two contests.

I tried several times to include the request/response in this message, but bbcode no likey, so here’s a link to a text file with the HTTP request & response.

It looks like your server is trying to tell the browesr to re-request the image again, but I’m not sure why. Has anybody else seen this with orionid’s entries?

As a matter of fact yeah I have seen his pictures be gone and then the next time I look at the thread they will be there again. I never said anything because I figured it was probably just the internet being finicky.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’ve seen that too, but just thought it was a random hiccup since the images were almost always back on reload.

ravnostic
    Participant

FWIW, Orionid, I use GoDaddy and haven’t seen the issue with my hosting. Same servers (Dallas, Phoenix), pro’ly a different IP Addy. I’m guessing you’re on the shared hosting? A dedicated IP would probably fix that, though it’s kinda pricey for what it is.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to ennuipoet this week!

ennuipoet
    Participant

Thanks, couldn’t have done it with orionid‘s awesome idea and ready access to an Xray machine! 🙂

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Thanks, couldn’t have done it with orionid‘s awesome idea and ready access to an Xray machine! 🙂

Yes, those machines can really come in handy sometimes. Congrats on the win, I’ve gotta hand it to you–that was my fave photo this week, hands down! It was a gripping contest, a handful of photos were within arm’s reach of winning, but you won it handily.

ravnostic
    Participant

Yes, those machines can really come in handy sometimes. Congrats on the win, I’ve gotta hand it to you–that was my fave photo this week, hands down! It was a gripping contest, a handful of photos were within arm’s reach of winning, but you won it handily.

I’m fingering this guy for one who thinks puns are cute.

//edit; I meant figuring

//no, I didn’t. 😛

My best picture this week was suggested by a coworker when I was bitching about not having an x-ray. Mostly seriously.

olavf
    Participant

Congrats ennuipoet!

And, really, everyone. This was a pretty epic contest in terms of submission quality IMO.

(and I didn’t get to take my third picture in time, dammit. I still like the idea but I’m going to have to come up a contest to use it in now 😛 )

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • The topic ‘04-20-11 – Can I Get a Show of Hands?’ is closed to new replies.