04-20-11 – Can I Get a Show of Hands?

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-20-11 – Can I Get a Show of Hands?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

I have an x-ray of a nail through some guy’s thumb. It’s a thumbnail image. 🙂

Seriously.

Can’t use it as I didn’t take it.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

It’s too bad that you didn’t take it, ’cause that’s quite a groan-inducing pun of a title for it. 😆 I’d probably have to vote for it based on that alone.

QueenBee
    Participant

Yeah I do have one of those hand holding a baby’s hand but I’m going to skip out on using it because I think there will be tons of similar images. My nails look nice though 😛

Curious
    Participant

I’d guess they’d fall under the “otherwise” category of hands.

And as an aside, technically this is probably a classic theme–I think we’ve had one or two other hand themes. NTTAWWI

i just uploaded this weeks entries. yeah we have had at least two “hands” themes before since i now have three groups of photos named “hands”.

didn’t take new ones since i have a bunch of hands shots already. but 1) i couldn’t find some 2) now have 4 resized and saved. so do i use this one or this one.

the second is a scan of my sister using a nikon F2 many years ago. the scratches came from a negative holder when i printed the photo. a new scan with some scanner tricks might get them but but i doubt it. plus i’m not sure where the negative is now.

mopsy
    Participant

I think your “gun hand” will get more votes. This group tends to like fire, explosions and guns. Plus it is a nice pic.

olavf
    Participant

I like the one of your sister better, so I’d go with the other one 😛

ravnostic
    Participant

I like the feel of the b/w.

orionid
    Participant

Seriously.

Pics or it didn’t happen. 😆

didn’t take new ones since i have a bunch of hands shots already. but 1) i couldn’t find some 2) now have 4 resized and saved. so do i use this one or this one.

the second is a scan of my sister using a nikon F2 many years ago. the scratches came from a negative holder when i printed the photo. a new scan with some scanner tricks might get them but but i doubt it. plus i’m not sure where the negative is now.

I concur with option 2 being the “better” photo. But I also concur with Mopsy‘s guess that option 1 will gather more votes.

U-Man
    Participant

Seriously.

Pics or it didn’t happen. 😆

I’m away from my ‘teaching files’ right now but I’ll post it here sometime. It’s right next to the prenatal ultrasound of a male 36 weeker grabbing his wee-wee.

So far, I have two serious pics and two irreverent pics. There’s one more idea in my head but I don’t know if I can pull it off. I need more hands.

U-Man
    Participant

I’m pretty sure I have to use the two irreverent ones.

Curious
    Participant

thanks for the opinions all. i may drop one i liked and use both of these. certainly like getting votes and b/w photos need love too. one of the four is a definite entry. it won’t do well probably but i doubt anyone else will have a similar shot.

strange to have more than the three this week since i had nothing for the last few contests. 🙂

harpo
    Participant

I watched Kiss Me, Stupid last night which stars Mr. Hand, so I’m really getting a kick, etc. etc.

Seriously though, I didn’t have any pics until just about 10 minutes ago. My hand is still a little sandy and smells like chocolate syrup, but I’m looking forward to this one.

QueenBee
    Participant

I had a ton of Bees this week. Hard time choosing…

linguine
    Participant
    Kestrana
    Participant

lokisbong when you mentioned going to a cemetery for a picture I thought you were going to do a trick photography “hand of zombie popping out of the earth” shot so I decided not to shoot that one myself. Boo-urns.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
  • The topic ‘04-20-11 – Can I Get a Show of Hands?’ is closed to new replies.