04-28-10 – Plants

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-28-10 – Plants

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author

hi everyone, figured i’d join the forum.

this week’s contest is one of the best i’ve seen. too many good photos to call out. nice work everyone!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Welcome aboard! Your entries are lovely!

thanks! i’m enjoying still life work a lot more than i imagined i would.

clouddancer
    Participant

I would have posted earlier, but our internet popped out for a bit when I was done with work, and then the Photobucket site was down for maintenance so I couldn’t upload my pictures. I said screw it and went to bed. I recalled someone asking how to pop to bigger pictures. Hopefully, this won’t get screwed up in posting, but this is the formula I use. Replace big (inside the quotes) with the link to the big pictures and the small in quotes to the small picture. The quotes have to stay in.

clouddancer
    Participant
    justkat
    Participant

I’m really disappointed that my seasonally confused tree hasn’t gotten any votes yet. Not totally surprised, but disappointed. It’s a picture you have to actually look at to get, and we know how voters don’t like to actually look at pix lol. I think it’s a much more interesting picture than the claret cup cactus, but the cactus is ooh-look-purty. *sigh* voters. Don’t you want to just smack ’em sometimes? Present company excepted, of course. 😉

And welcome doublesecretprobation! I was very impressed by your entries. Usually I try not to look at who is the submitter until after I vote, in case I might be influenced by the knowledge, but I had to peek when I saw yours.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, this week has me scratching my head, honestly. My black eyed Susans had a single vote when I checked earlier. Of my three, I figured the Poppies would be doing the worst because I’m not sure how well the Through the Viewfinder stuff really plays on Fark even though I love the image. I didn’t figure any of them would be top ten, but I figured they’d do better than than they are vote-wise, certainly more than a single vote on the Susans. Come to think of it, the last couple weeks have been like that for me, but then if you look at my history, it’s a lot of downs with the ups, so yeah…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to U-Man this week!

ravnostic
    Participant

You just ‘copy-paste’ this weekly, don’t you?

If photos were scripture, and divinity in the lens of a camera, I’m pretty sure U-Man would be God.

I only aspire to be a little angel (ok–demon, but semantics, schmantics) in this little world.)

U-man inspires me. To quote Jack N. in the original ‘Batman’ movie, “Where does he get such fabulous toys…”

rav

lokisbong
    Participant

I am starting to think U-Man is a actual paid pro who just comes to these contests to make the rest of us look bad… just kidding but it sometimes seems impossible to compete against anything he enters in these things.

Congrats again U-Man.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Just as a head’s up, sweetc’s dandelion shot was used for the “In Close” contest. I thought it looked familiar, but the FSM didn’t flag it. I should have looked at her portfolio cause it was there. Sorry I didn’t find that sooner. Also, ackb4r and Fritriac had Scarlet R’s that I missed. Mea culpa!

You just ‘copy-paste’ this weekly, don’t you?

lol No, I type it out each week, but given U-Man has won nearly 25% of the contests he’s entered, I do type it a lot 😉

U-Man
    Participant

Wow. You guys make me smile. Thank you very much.

I assure you, I’m an amateur. Three kids, a wife and 60 hour work weeks sort of get in the way of my photography hobby. 🙂 Then again, the girls are beautiful (and available) subjects. And the radiologist gig keeps me in good glass.

My Fark-fu has been strong the past few weeks. But I didn’t recognize that stat Elsinore posted. Pretty cool.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

U-Man has won nearly 25% of the contests he’s entered

Whoa.
    Nicely done, sir.

@lokisbong – I don’t need anybody’s help to look bad, that’s the one thing I’m good at 🙄

ravnostic
    Participant

Wow. You guys make me smile. Thank you very much.

I assure you, I’m an amateur. Three kids, a wife and 60 hour work weeks sort of get in the way of my photography hobby. 🙂 Then again, the girls are beautiful (and available) subjects. And the radiologist gig keeps me in good glass.

My Fark-fu has been strong the past few weeks. But I didn’t recognize that stat Elsinore posted. Pretty cool.

A likely story. All super-heroes need a cover, so I’ll accept this, provisionally.

However (there’s always that ‘however’), as a true fan of Dr. Horrible’s Sing-a-long Blog, I declare you to be my Hammer. Not Johnny Snow.

It’s a brand new day.

Muah-ha-ha-HAH-hah. Working on it. Some people forget the laugh, and that’s about standards. You think Bad Horse didn’t work on his whinny? His Death. Whinny. E-mails!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • The topic ‘04-28-10 – Plants’ is closed to new replies.