04-28-10 – Plants

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-28-10 – Plants

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    linguine
    Participant
    ravnostic
    Participant

I guess I wasn’t the only one with problems posting links to the larger images? Only one went through.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Were you posting just links or images?

olavf
    Participant

Total text fail. My ‘Moss’ shot is a macro of three moss sprouts growing out of a clump of the stuff. The background is the butt end of a 2×4.

/seems like I always put in either too much text, or too little. Oh well.

mopsy
    Participant

Total text fail. My ‘Moss’ shot is a macro of three moss sprouts growing out of a clump of the stuff. The background is the butt end of a 2×4.

/seems like I always put in either too much text, or too little. Oh well.

I like reading what people have to say about their photos, whether it is an explanation or a clever title. I just look at the pics as I’m entering, checking to see if someone else is entering a similar type of photo because then I may change my mind about what to enter. But when I’m done entering my three, then I settle back and slowly go through all the entries and read everything they have to say.

justkat
    Participant

Mopsy– I meant to also say “thanks” in my post to you but apparently my manners took a wee vacation. Rather than take up more thread space, I thought I’d post here. Let Fark think I have bad manners. Thanks for the compliment. 🙂

As for another post of yours, I’m sure someone related to you (*coughU-Mancough*) can tell you how to do the pops-to-larger thing…

U-Man
    Participant

As for another post of yours, I’m sure someone related to you (*coughU-Mancough*) can tell you how to do the pops-to-larger thing…

What? Huh? Who?

After slapping my posts up, I took the girls out on the Illinois River this evening. The jumping Asian carp are pretty amusing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb8OmEr7VqI At one point tonight, we had as many jumping as the 30 sec mark in the video.

I’ll look at the fark thread.

I don’t know though. I think Mopsy might be getting a bit too good. I might not want her to learn about the pops-to-larger…. 🙂

olavf
    Participant

I like reading what people have to say about their photos, whether it is an explanation or a clever title. I just look at the pics as I’m entering, checking to see if someone else is entering a similar type of photo because then I may change my mind about what to enter. But when I’m done entering my three, then I settle back and slowly go through all the entries and read everything they have to say.

I do too, but don’t have time to do that until later in the evening – I’m usually posting from work, and don’t generally leave for at least another hour.

I’m not really good with the words though – I think I do better when I let the images speak for themselves 😛

mopsy
    Participant

Mopsy– I meant to also say “thanks” in my post to you but apparently my manners took a wee vacation. Rather than take up more thread space, I thought I’d post here. Let Fark think I have bad manners. Thanks for the compliment. 🙂

Yep and sometimes it is easier to catch him with answers on Fark than any other way! Although he has always been helpful while I struggle to learn any new technology. I just come from the wrong generation to learn this stuff. 🙁

You still did not tell me what type of flower your last petal is.

justkat
    Participant

Sorry to be confusing and post in both places!

It’s a rose! =D

mopsy
    Participant
    mopsy wrote:

Oops. Guess I should have gone back to the contest thread. Of course it’s a rose. Now that you tell me.
    😳

justkat
    Participant

Oops. Guess I should have gone back to the contest thread. Of course it’s a rose. Now that you tell me.
    😳

I knew you would feel silly when I told you. You with all your gardens and flowers. It was just really out of context for you. 🙂 Our plants don’t get covered in snow ‘n stuff. The roses take about 4 weeks off, tops.

LeicaLens
    Participant

Damn, there’s some great stuff this week.
    Love the daisy through the pine sap, U-Man, and I see it’s already the early leader.
    I’m No Big Deal‘s weed in sunset picture is really beautiful, too. Great shot.
    And SilverStag, what’s the name of that purple flower with the purple-tipped stamens? I see lots of photos of it in articles about Macro lenses. It’s a very photogenic flower.
    In fact one of my ambitions is to shoot it with the 90mm F2 OM macro lens. First, I have to find the lens though…it’s very popular on the second-hand market.

SilverStag
    Participant

Umm, I don’t know the name of it, only that it’s in the lily ponds at the Garfield Park Conservatory here.

LeicaLens
    Participant

Never mind; it’s a beatiful flower, and a beautiful picture.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • The topic ‘04-28-10 – Plants’ is closed to new replies.