04-28-10 – Plants

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-28-10 – Plants

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Photograph plants, things that grow and don’t have a brain.

This theme brought to you by clouddancer–thanks!

Curious
    Participant

but i was told plants feel pain, how can that be if they don’t have brains?

this one is going to be hard to narrow down to just three. especially give some of the really nice flower shots i remember from other contests. oh well competition toughens you or something like that.

orionid
    Participant

Oh, damn you spring! Why can’t you come a few weeks earlier up north?

ravnostic
    Participant

I’ll be going out to the deserts, looking for springtime desert blossoms (good thing we had a wet winter!!)

linguine
    Participant

So how smartassed are we allowed to go with the things that grow but dont have a brain description for this theme?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, it has to be SFW, obviously 😉

olavf
    Participant

but self-portraits are okay then?

niagh
    Participant

do lichens fall in the “plant” category?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

olav: Humans aren’t plants, so no. Same goes for penises.

niagh: I think so. And if they aren’t scientifically categorized as such, they’re close enough since they grow and don’t have a brain.

ravnostic
    Participant

I’m happy to report that I got more plant pictures than I know what to do with. It’s not often I shoot 200 pics and come out with over a dozen spectacular ones!

I’ve chosen three rather unique ones for the contest. Anyone care to see some others posted in the gallery section?

No?

Tough. I’m gonna post some anyway. Critiques welcome.

mopsy
    Participant

I, too, have far too many pics to choose from as my love for gardening is right up there with my love for photography and reading. Now comes the decision of entering the striking single flower or showing off several of my gardens. AND while I love all my flowers, they probably will bomb on votes as they are not unusual enough. Oh well, you’ll get to see my flowers.

clouddancer
    Participant

I’m looking forward to seeing lots of different plant pictures. Sadly, nothing’s quite blooming up here (a little early), but I do have some from last year and the year before. Might comb through some of my apple blossom pictures and pick one of those.

mopsy
    Participant

Mine are all from my files as nothing is blooming up here. Plus, we are sooooo in need of rain.

U-Man
    Participant

To Mopsy, orionid and cloudancer – dead plants can be striking. If you have one, slap on a macro and start nosing around.

As long as plants are central/important to the shot, it’s OK to have something with a brain in the pic. Correct?

If not, I have too many to choose from anyway. I just kinda want to use a particular shot.

olavf
    Participant

hm. I hadn’t consider that personally. There’s one or two I’d like to consider, but hadn’t because of the insects or whatever that are in it – even if they are ancillary.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • The topic ‘04-28-10 – Plants’ is closed to new replies.