05-16-12 – Scavenger Hunt 2

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-16-12 – Scavenger Hunt 2

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

Aaaaaaand, now itms redlit. I sent a farkback. if they don’t fix it, we’re kinda screwed since the submission engine bloc(s repeat links. :/

orionid
    Participant

Okay, this is getting into BS zone. I’ve farkbacked and notified mods and it’s still red seven hours later. No emails, no feedback, nothing. Just red. I understand we’re the bastard children of fark, but I’m getting a little pissed now.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I had wireless issues and coudln’t get into my email this morning. I’d gotten a message from an admin about the thread, but he was heading out the door. I have sent an email letting them know it is legit and could use a green.

orionid
    Participant

I had wireless issues and coudln’t get into my email this morning. I’d gotten a message from an admin about the thread, but he was heading out the door. I have sent an email letting them know it is legit and could use a green.

Awesome, thanks! (and nothing angry sounding above was directed at you. I figured you were just busy with the girl scouts or whatever.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

hehe no worries. Last night was actually Stitch n Bitch night, at which we actually just drank coffee and bitched and got no stitching done. Then I slept in a bit, and went to check email and didn’t get anywhere. Hopefully the thread will get greenlit soon. I think some of the admins are otherwise occupied, but I’m sure we’ll get it worked out. Meanwhile, I’ve voted up the link. If everyone with TF could do that, that might help, too. Link is: http://www.fark.com/comments/7062854/

orionid
    Participant

Aaaand…. Now we’re green, queued for main! Huzzah!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

w00t!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Also also wik: I really hope we don’t get any celebrities (internet or no) as a suggestion. I’d think that would be really difficult for a lot of people.

Yoyo
    Participant

Ok, here’s food for thought. If anyone likes these, you’re more than welcome to post them.
    These were Top Ten lists from Letterman. The ‘shovel’ one had me in stitches for weeks, I swear.

Rejected Jeopardy Categories

-THINGS CHER HAS HAD DONE TO HER
    -ALL ABOUT CHAFING
    -EXCITING SHOWS ON AT THE SAME TIME AS “JEOPARDY”
    -THINGS THAT SMELL LIKE EGGS
    -ITOS, TITOS AND FRITOS
    -CANADIAN SEX SECRETS
    -THINGS THAT THROB
    -DISEASES CAUSED BY GAME SHOWS
    -GUYS I, ALEX TREBEK, HAVE BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF
    -GAP-TOOTHED FREAKS
    (Letterman, 22 Sept. ’95)

A much older list of the same was even funnier:
    – THINGS THAT OOZE
    – DEATHBED PRANKS
    – NOISES DAD MAKES
    – WHAT’S THAT? HAM?
    – THINGS YOU JUST WANT TO POUND AND POUND WITH A SHOVEL
    – DOORKNOB LORE
    – LEADING MEN WHO ARE REALLY GAY
    – PRESIDENTIAL SALADS
    – ITEMS FOUND IN WADDED-UP NAPKINS
    – MOIST THINGS
    (no date avail.)

orionid
    Participant

OMG. I have a book of David Letterman top tens. Hmmm….

Kestrana
    Participant

When is this link going to hit the main page?

orionid
    Participant

Same time as the off-kilter thread, apparently. They’ll be side-by-side at 12:01. Not sure why that happened though. I’d have preferred this one posted on Saturday to have a final list by wednesday.

Kestrana
    Participant

Guess they thought “oh hey it’s farktography that’s thursdays”

sleeping
    Participant

Damn, I guess we should have put more effort into getting out the vote, huh?

ravnostic
    Participant

Okay the way I see it, is we have choices to be made. Limiting to at least 2 votes, we get:

5 votes:
    Something recursive (add one add’l vote b/c comment in itself was a vote?)
    Old things among new things
    4 votes:
    Shoes
    Something obsolete
    3 votes:
    Fun places to scratch
    Sensor bars
    People of Late Night Waffle House
    Fish out of water
    2 votes:
    Things you’d expect to find in Florida
    Deity
    Light
    Leafy things
    Ice
    Feet
    Shadows
    Hot dog in a hallway
    Miniature worlds
    Naked body silhouette
    Not cats
    Paranoia
    My long lost shaker of salt
    Mr. Wizard

And in the funny category,
    3 votes:
    People of Walmart, not in Walmart

Add one to:

Florida
    Scratch
    Hot dog
    Paranoia
    Mr. Wizard

That gives us 23 items to chose from, and just how are we going to go about picking which we do? Creativialtivitally, I can think of fun shots with most of them. I’m a fan of “Things you’d expect to find in Florida” and “Fun Places to Scratch” especially, but “Walmart, not in Walmart” hits me for the win.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 110 total)
  • The topic ‘05-16-12 – Scavenger Hunt 2’ is closed to new replies.