05-16-12 – Scavenger Hunt 2

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-16-12 – Scavenger Hunt 2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Take a picture of any of the things on this list:
    1) Something Recursive
    2) Something Obsolete
    3) Shoes
    4) Fun Places to Scratch
    5) People of Walmart/Late Night Waffle House, Outside of Walmart or Waffle House)
    6) Fish Out of Water
    7)Things You’d Expect to Find in Floriduh
    8) Paranoia
    9) My Long Lost Shaker of Salt
    10) Light and Shadows

Another quality theme by orionid!

ravnostic
    Participant

The list. We should be discussing this now. Where do we begin?

Kestrana
    Participant

We’re actually going to have an open thread on Fark to make suggestions for the list.

ennuipoet
    Participant

We’re actually going to have an open thread on Fark to make suggestions for the list.

So, here are the things we will be shooting for:

A bad caricature of a black man carrying looted beer through dirty water

Breasts

Bacon

Squirrels with large testicles

Breasts

Bacon

Cats

Dogs

Libtards

Derp

Fark Independents TM

Bacon

Boobies

Kittehs

and Drew Curtis

Take shots of any of those things now and I promise you they will be on the list later.

fluffybunny
    Participant

=”ennuipoet”]Derp

If we’re going to have to photograph derp (don’t even know where t begin) then how about:

?What is this I don?t even?

ennuipoet
    Participant

Fark’s Definition of Derp:

/NOT trying to make this about politics! I am just posting a representative sample of what Fark would say Derp is.

orionid
    Participant

So, here are the things we will be shooting for:

A bad caricature of a black man carrying looted beer through dirty water

Breasts

Bacon

Squirrels with large testicles

Breasts

Bacon

Cats

Dogs

Libtards

Derp

Fark Independents TM

Bacon

Boobies

Kittehs

and Drew Curtis

Take shots of any of those things now and I promise you they will be on the list later.

Possibly. There’s an open modmin thread, too, where we’re going to ixnay NSFW suggestions (like “boobies” or “pussyfarts”) and too-narrow-scope suggestions (like “The Taj Mahal” or “Drew Curtis”), although the latter might just get widened, so for the examples, it would be “Famous Architechture” and “Celebrities, real or internet.”

Yoyo
    Participant

It’s not that hard to get a picture of Drew. It’s not like we don’t all know where he works. You could just lay a trap for him by placing shots of whiskey somewhere w/ tasteful lighting near the office. On the other hand, a pic of Drew w/o a beer in his hand, that’s the shot you have to wait for until the moment is just right.

Kestrana
    Participant

Hey not to stir up controversy – but shouldn’t this week be Farktography Anniversary 7? 😀

Elsinore
    Keymaster

OH CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And actually, it should probably be the 9th, as that’s the closest to the original anniversary of May 12. Crap crap crap…

As for the scavenger hunt, I almost wonder if we shouldn’t come up with a long list of suggestions from everyone here that can be pre-vetted and used for the Fark thread. I’m just a little afraid even if we say from the get-go “No celebrities, no NSFW” it’ll be some other obscure thing that we don’t factor in that will get suggested there and chosen.

Yugoboy
    Participant

OH CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And actually, it should probably be the 9th, as that’s the closest to the original anniversary of May 12. Crap crap crap…

As for the scavenger hunt, I almost wonder if we shouldn’t come up with a long list of suggestions from everyone here that can be pre-vetted and used for the Fark thread. I’m just a little afraid even if we say from the get-go “No celebrities, no NSFW” it’ll be some other obscure thing that we don’t factor in that will get suggested there and chosen.

+1 to both ideas (although I have no idea what the Anniversary contest would entail).

Honestly, a couple/few weeks of lead time on the scavenger hunt list would be kind of nice. The title isn’t “procrastination” or “instant inspiration.” If we felt perky, maybe even link to it in the boobies for the few weeks leading up to it, so people who don’t usually frequent this forum have a bit less surprise, and participation might be a bit higher.

Kestrana
    Participant

I think orionid was planning on putting up the thread this Friday for suggestions (maybe next Friday). But I’ll say go ahead and make some non-celebrity, non-NSFW suggestions that we can start that thread off with. We are going to vet the most popular suggestions for anything ridiculously difficult.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Sounds good

orionid
    Participant

I’ll post the initial what should we shoot thread early tomorrow AM. Els, any chance you could grease the wheels with the other modmins to make sure it gets greenlit? This will give us about three weeks to scavenge once voting closes.

orionid
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 110 total)
  • The topic ‘05-16-12 – Scavenger Hunt 2’ is closed to new replies.