05-23-12 – Sleeve-faced

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-23-12 – Sleeve-faced

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Zero_Exponent
    Participant

I was able to make a CD size close-up photo of face work pretty well.

Yah, 2/3 of my ideas are closeups of faces using CDs. I found most head shots on albums were too big, whereas the CDs you can just move them closer or farther from the camera to get the proportions and perspective to match up.

U-Man
    Participant

No prob from me.

ravnostic
    Participant

I really hate to bitch, esp. as I didn’t take the time to do this contest, but can we pwease has somethins added to the hoppa? I’m covered for/in rust, but thereafter, no clue.

Yugoboy
    Participant

I really hate to bitch, esp. as I didn’t take the time to do this contest, but can we pwease has somethins added to the hoppa? I’m covered for/in rust, but thereafter, no clue.

This is why I printed out the hoppered contests… I’m just going to get whatever I have ready, ready.

lokisbong
    Participant

Well I am out for this week. I have not had time to go looking for record or cd covers and my freakin printer is out of ink so I am unable to do even one for this week. I should have some stuff for the rust theme at least.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m out this week (for the first time in 6 years) if I can’t use the photos I took for this. I thought we could use non-album photos…I have a couple I’ve done holding up black and white photos to a scene. One of the photos is 12×12 and the other is 8×10. Someone already mentioned this is going to almost certianly be a low turn out week…we may want to be more flexible to allow people more than just album/cd covers. I’ve seen sleeve face shots done with magazines as well, not just albums.

And yes, I’ll get hoppered stuff scheduled. Breast cancer (not mine), school projects, end of school, roof needing replacement due to hail…all has conspired against me. I really apologize…

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Breast cancer (not mine), school projects, end of school, roof needing replacement due to hail…

If you gave someone breast cancer and manipulated the weather to make it hail, you should apologize! That’s terrible behavior! Otherwise (and I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt here and assuming this is the case ;)), I think we all understand how life manages to get in the way of play, so no apology necessary. (I feel bad even making that joke, so seriously, best wishes for your friend with the cancer.)

Is it too late to postpone this one again and maybe just do an open contest? I really wanted to do this one, but I’m in the same boat as apparently many others here…

emiliogtz
    Participant

Is it too late to postpone this one again and maybe just do an open contest? I really wanted to do this one, but I’m in the same boat as apparently many others here…

Is that even possible?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Is that even possible?

Anything is possible at Zombocom. 😉

Just possibly wouldn’t be very fair to those prepared.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

And I totally would be ok with doing an open contest, but given it would benefit me to do so, it’s not really appropriate for me to make that call, especially this late in the game. I’m ok with doing the contest, but I think restricting it to albums only is unnecessarily restrictive for a contest that’s already going to draw a limited number of participants.

bender16v
    Participant

I’m out this week too, sorry. I have a big stack of albums at home to use, but that is about 600 miles away. I’ve been shooting for rust but haven’t decided on anything yet.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Breast cancer (not mine), school projects, end of school, roof needing replacement due to hail…

If you gave someone breast cancer and manipulated the weather to make it hail, you should apologize! That’s terrible behavior! Otherwise (and I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt here and assuming this is the case ;)), I think we all understand how life manages to get in the way of play, so no apology necessary. (I feel bad even making that joke, so seriously, best wishes for your friend with the cancer.)

Thank you, truly.

Here’s one of the photos I did. It’s pretty straight out of camera and I’m not sure this is the exposure or crop I’ll use, but to give an idea. I’d like a ruling from others, because I don’t want to make a judgment call for my own entry.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Sorry I didn’t reply earlier, but I checked earlier in the day and there was nuttin new posted, and then when I got home I was taking some more shots trying to get at least two entries finished before sundown.

Oh man … remember when I suggested this? It’ll be fun, I sez. Swap out “fun” for “gigantic pain in the ass”, now that I know better. If I had to do it over again, I would call the contest “Picture in picture”, and allow any damn photo, drawing, or what-have-you to be used. If there is still time, I’m totally OK with postponing this–maybe swap it with Rust, since several people have said they got that one covered? That, or some other easily-archive-divable theme.

What say you? Gonna walk the dog now, I’ll check back here in 45min or so.

fluffybunny
    Participant

I’m locked & loaded on this one and not ready at all for Rust. What ever you decide though is fine ZE.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Definitely don’t want to go with a different specific theme that people would need notice for. I’s say the best options are to allow picture in picture stuff with the album stuff or to open the theme entirely for this week. Well, third option would be keep as is and let the chips fall where they may

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)
  • The topic ‘05-23-12 – Sleeve-faced’ is closed to new replies.