05-23-12 – Sleeve-faced

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-23-12 – Sleeve-faced

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    mopsy
    Participant

My John Denver Album is no longer on the thread. Did your remove it for some reason? I’ll repost it.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Not sure why it dropped…there may have been a hiccup on the host side, but I’ve restored the original entry.

mopsy
    Participant

Well, I just looked more carefully and found the message “Deleted Broken/Missing Image.” What? Did I do everything but “Submit?” Wow, if that is true, then that’s a first for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No, that’s more often a case where an image doesn’t load and it’s holding the page loading up. In your case it was almost certainly a temporary hiccup, because the image is loading just fine now. If you’d forgotten to hit submit,v there’d be no delete reason at all, and I wouldn’t have been able to find the entry to restore it.

mopsy
    Participant

Elsinore, you’re just too quick. I figured at this time of the day you would be off some where, but thank you for restoring the original and removing the repost.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

You’re welcome. I?m procrastinating house cleaning and yard work, so thank YOU! 😆

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Congrats, fluffybunny and U-man! Thanks to all who participated.

Lokisbong, I’m not upset or angry with you at all (or anyone else who couldn’t play this week). I was worried for a couple hours there that this theme would be a complete disaster, but it turned out fine.

I’m not sure if there would be enough interest to do a similar theme in the future. I noticed the voters seemed to like it, as evidenced by the high votes-per-entry average: 15.4 As comparison to that, I looked at one of the more popular recent contests, “Puddytats 2”. That one had a 15.1 average votes/entry. Tell you what; if you suggest it in the themes section, I will +1 it 🙂

Lastly, in the “I clearly do not know how the voting will go” department: my thoughts on first seeing the thread: “That Nyan cat is going to win by a landslide!” … no offence meant to anyone else, that was just my first impression.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Thanks ZE,..

When I first lined up on this one I thought I wouldn’t like it but the more I studied it the more fun I had. I’m glad you went with “printable” albums though. Good idea whoever suggested it. I would have been out otherwise.

U-Man
    Participant

Congrats to fluffybunny for the individual and combined 1st’s. And to you to ZE. Not only is that a kick-ass album cover, but you executed well.

Fun theme. I wouldn’t mind doing something similar but with more flexibility in photo size and choice.

Thanks for the comment ZE. I liked how the Floyd-Nyan cat came out. It might be too obscure for a mass of voters though. Plus the stuff that placed in front of it is solid.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Hey U-Man, my initial goal was to use Dark Side of the Moon also but I wanted to use an actual prism and (probably) manufacture the spectrum somehow (was thinking LEDs). It got too complicated quickly so I abandoned it. Glad I did, yours would have beat it I think, and funny to boot.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Sorry I’m late to the congrats game–we’ve had family stuff today. Congrats to fluffybunny this week, and thank you to Zero Exponent for the fun challenge!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Really late to this one with the travel & holiday. Good to see you made it and kept the streak going, Els.

Congrats fluffy on the sweep. Don’t know if you noticed or not, but you grabbed almost 24% of the entire vote (total NVC of 238.96), which reminds me of a few stats that I still need to add (highest entry/contest vote and highest entry/contest NVC). For highest total contest NVC, that puts you solidly in the #2 spot:

UserName      Contest               Total NVC

millera9 Barbie (and Ken) 248.88
    fluffybunny Sleeve-faced 238.96
    staplermofo Barbie (and Ken) 206.47
    U-Man Sleeve-faced 192.21
    evern On The Wagon 182.19
    Elsinore Barbie (and Ken) 165.18
    U-Man What A Load Of Crop 154.76
    soosh Farkstronomy 154.75
    Elsinore V-Day 141.91
    chakalakasp Power 141.07

Note that U-Man grabbed another top ten with this contest also.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Tell you what; if you suggest it in the themes section, I will +1 it 🙂

I’m not sure who you’re referring to when you used the pronoun “you,” but there’s a few themes that are at 8 or 9 that could use a vote or 2 to push them over the top.

fluffybunny
    Participant

I did not notice that CISS and thanks for the compliment.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Really late to this one with the travel & holiday. Good to see you made it and kept the streak going, Els.

Thanks 🙂

Congrats fluffy on the sweep. Don’t know if you noticed or not, but you grabbed almost 24% of the entire vote (total NVC of 238.96), which reminds me of a few stats that I still need to add (highest entry/contest vote and highest entry/contest NVC).

Ok, admittedly math is not my strong suit, though I love seeing statistics (go figure). But I’m not grokking “highest entry/contest vote and highest entry/contest NVC”. Is that just the highest percentage of the contest’s votes or NVC?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • The topic ‘05-23-12 – Sleeve-faced’ is closed to new replies.