05-26-10 – Kid at Heart

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-26-10 – Kid at Heart

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Take a picture of something you still have and use, or something you still do that some people would say you should have outgrown by now because it’s a kid thing, and you’re supposed to be grown up.

Thanks for the theme suggestion, clouddancer!

ravnostic
    Participant

This is going to be fun, as I still have some of my toys. One question; one toy is a microscope; In addition to the original packaging, would it be okay to overlay to the side some pictures of views through the microscope, to demonstrate while I still have it and use it at the tender age of 41? Or barring that, can I add a couple frames below the voting image of same?

clouddancer
    Participant

I don’t see why putting something with the microscope to show that you still use it would be bad, so I guess that’s an okay from me.

I still sleep with my stuffed animals (ok, its only one, but still) and I’m 27 and share the bed with my husband, too!

ravnostic
    Participant

Yeah, but obviously you’re a girl. Guys can’t get away with that. 😉

Elsinore
    Keymaster

You can certainly add printed photos to the scene you’re photographing, but I wouldn’t add separate photos posted with your voting entry, as there should only be one photo per entry.

soosh
    Participant

you could link back to here to selection of shots through the microscope, or enter one of those shots in the contest.

ravnostic
    Participant

I just made a pin-hole cam, which seems to be the only way to capture the microscope shots. Alignment is a bitch, but it gets the job done. Thanks all for the help!!!

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Does the photo have to be about me, or can it be someone else?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, it says something that you still do, so I would guess it should be about you rather than someone else.

U-Man
    Participant

I’m just an educated 42 year old kid. This should be easy. But it’s not. I am finding that combining the kid thing and photographically-pleasing to be a challenge.

/got one in the hopper, need to re-do the second one for the 4th time (it’s just not there yet), only got faint ideas for #3.

orionid
    Participant

All my ideas thus far require going to the farm…. Which is conveniently enough the weekend after this contest.

ravnostic
    Participant

I’m 2 pictures into the contest; have one more to take (and have the idea, just have fold things up to completion first.)

U-Man
    Participant

I got kicked out of a local park tonight at 12:20. I was actually finished, putting on my camera backpack, when a cop came up and shined a light on me. Scared a really loud “Whoa!” right out of me. Seemed somebody called about a suspicious flashlight in the park.

He was cool. I was cool. I left.

I think that will be #3. But I have another idea….

staplermofo
    Participant

In my mind U-Man stole a police car, was powersliding on grass past his tripod while tossing out Molotov cocktails so he’d have some fire to slide through when the cops showed up. Then the cops get in close and see it’s U-Man and the grizzled older cop explains to his baby-faced partner that they can’t arrest him, “he’s too damn good”.

Also, in my mind, Mrs. U-Man only patiently chides him “stealing police cars and setting the park on fire again honey? Aren’t you a little old for that” when he gets home. But U-Man‘s all like “That’s the point!” then he chugs a half gallon of cask-strength rye whiskey and his camera straight out bites a rottweiler in the face and then he jumps into a hole in the wall and goes to sleep, or so we’re left to assume BECAUSE WE NEVER SEE IT.

orionid
    Participant

So, after that description, I feel mildly outclassed with coming here to ask: Would a photo of the word “Dick” be safe for fark?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • The topic ‘05-26-10 – Kid at Heart’ is closed to new replies.