05-26-10 – Kid at Heart

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-26-10 – Kid at Heart

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

roflmao awesome, ‘mofo.

And yes, orionid, that should be fine.

U-Man
    Participant

Thanks for that ‘mofo. Big smiles. 🙂

LeicaLens
    Participant

In my mind U-Man stole a police car, was powersliding on grass past his tripod while tossing out Molotov cocktails so he’d have some fire to slide through when the cops showed up. Then the cops get in close and see it’s U-Man and the grizzled older cop explains to his baby-faced partner that they can’t arrest him, “he’s too damn good”.

Also, in my mind, Mrs. U-Man only patiently chides him “stealing police cars and setting the park on fire again honey? Aren’t you a little old for that” when he gets home. But U-Man‘s all like “That’s the point!” then he chugs a half gallon of cask-strength rye whiskey and his camera straight out bites a rottweiler in the face and then he jumps into a hole in the wall and goes to sleep, or so we’re left to assume BECAUSE WE NEVER SEE IT.

I…I’m…I’m speechless. That just started from “awesome”, slid casually past “hilarious” and crescendoed into “bloody marvellous”.

LeicaLens
    Participant

And this contest made me realise that most of the stuff I did as I kid I no longer do now. As for stuff I still have, it’s all on the other side of the world.
    So yes, I am officially a boring old fart. Thanks, Farktography, for making me realise that! 🙁

olavf
    Participant

Me too, leica. Yesterday was a whole lot of angst and beer :/

-edit: maybe I should scan the scant few photographs I have in my possession that I took when I was nine or ten 😛

U-Man
    Participant

Elsinore, congrats on topping 10K total votes last week. 🙂

ravnostic
    Participant

Hey, it turns out that all my favorite toys from when I was a kid aren’t really toys at all. Laser, magnets, and microscopes. (Look, when I say I was/am a geek, I’m not kidding). I hope this is okay?

It’s a kid’s microscope (ala radio shack), magnets are…well, magnets, and while I now use a $5 laser pointer, my original laser was one I *ahem* ‘borrowed’ from my jr. high science room and used until it died. (I can say this as the statute of lim’s is long past, but I feel guilty as it was a $600 piece of science equipment and not designed as a toy for a stoner kid to steal and use for his personal laser light show while smoking a bong and listening to Pink Floyd’s “Dark Side of the Moon”. But it was a toy to me, and sans doobage, a laser still is.)

Yeah or nay? If nay, I got nothin. I wasn’t a tiddly wink kind of guy, and the only marbles I have left are steel ball bearings.

staplermofo
    Participant

Are childish things we’ve started enjoying as adults okay?
    What about childish things that aren’t toys, like Count Chocula or ballerina styled pajamas or waiting to the last minute to do things that I had literally months to do like ask this question?

nobigdeal
    Participant

How about scars? Emotional or otherwise? I am not sure I have anything from my kid days except emotional baggage and some missing teeth from recklessness?

ravnostic
    Participant

What about childish things that aren’t toys, like Count Chocula or ballerina styled pajamas or waiting to the last minute to do things that I had literally months to do like ask this question?

Your staples are showing. That’s how I can tell when a costume was put together in the last possible moment. Staples glitter under flash. Just saying.

staplermofo
    Participant

I bought the costume.
    I’ll tell you how the staples got there when you’re older.

justkat
    Participant

I, too, am curious about this point. (Well, maybe not the last bit. Oh, wait, the contest is tomorrow. Never mind. Carry on.)

lokisbong
    Participant

well I have nothing for tonight. life has conspired against me on so many levels. I don’t seem to have very many childish things anymore and I couldn’t figure out how to get any usable pictures with the crappy weather outdoors that could be used tonight. between that and becoming unemployed at the end of last week my brain is not working in kid mode this week. hopefully I can find some bugs to shoot before next week rolls around.

ravnostic
    Participant

well I have nothing for tonight. life has conspired against me on so many levels. I don’t seem to have very many childish things anymore and I couldn’t figure out how to get any usable pictures with the crappy weather outdoors that could be used tonight. between that and becoming unemployed at the end of last week my brain is not working in kid mode this week. hopefully I can find some bugs to shoot before next week rolls around.

Take a picture of yourself throwing a tantrum. that’s childish, and you should have outgrown it, but given your circumstances, who would blame you?

If you’d suffer moving to Az, my company (Microchip) is still hiring. But mail, or fax, in your resume. The online apps get mostly ignored.

lokisbong
    Participant

Take a picture of yourself throwing a tantrum. that’s childish, and you should have outgrown it, but given your circumstances, who would blame you?

If you’d suffer moving to Az, my company (Microchip) is still hiring. But mail, or fax, in your resume. The online apps get mostly ignored.

lol. I have never been one to throw a tantrum even when I was little. and I cannot act so it would probably look fake . thanks for the AZ offer but fark makes me fear Az almost as much as Florida. I can’t afford a move anyway unless the hiring company pays for the whole move including rent for the first month. I just had my trucks transmission fixed a couple weeks before this and that killed my savings completely. I guess it never rains but it pours

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • The topic ‘05-26-10 – Kid at Heart’ is closed to new replies.