05-27-09 – Birds

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    lokisbong
    Participant

I am currently limited to the 18/ 55 kit lens that came with my EOS. I want the EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS from Canon but I have to save some cash($255.00 new) or ask my mom for a birthday present. She got me the camera for xmas so my chances are not too bad.

staplermofo
    Participant

Hey, is this birdy enough?

corsec67
    Participant

…Cat Contemplating Lunch…

Sure, it has birds. This seems to be a really open theme, given the lack of restrictions.

Ugh, thanks for reminding me that chickens are birds. (I don’t tag my chicken pictures as “bird” pictures.)

U-Man
    Participant

Yup. It is certainly birdy enough for the theme. I think it is birdy enough for the voters.

soosh
    Participant

hey, Elsinore, is the fact my eagle + salmon photos didn’t get deleted from this thread: http://www.fark.com/cgi/comments.pl?IDLink=4400004 good enough that they won’t get deleted from the contest for gore? There was one I tried to enter a few years ago that was deleted from a contest.

U-Man
    Participant

I think we should not allow them because they are TOO DAMN GOOD.

/was thinking about entering an eagle pic…
    //has eagle envy.

orionid
    Participant

Damn, soosh!

/Screw eagle envy, I have bird envy. Archive week, raining today – no birds to be seen at the park. Pet store owner wouldn’t let me shoot his mccaw either. Even after specifying that it was only a camera. I think he thought I was a spy from a rival store.

jpatten
    Participant

hmmm sounds like there will be several eagle pics…. hope Mine are good enough to stand out (and no its not THAT pic)

U-Man
    Participant

orionid – I’m at work so I can’t try this idea. Isn’t there an eagle holding a snake in one claw and some arrows in the other on a bill?

/might work. might not.

linguine
    Participant

Should we just go ahead and declare soosh the winner for this week?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

hey, Elsinore, is the fact my eagle + salmon photos didn’t get deleted from this thread: http://www.fark.com/cgi/comments.pl?IDLink=4400004 good enough that they won’t get deleted from the contest for gore? There was one I tried to enter a few years ago that was deleted from a contest.

Yeah I think you’re ok.

Morningbreath
    Participant

I am looking forward to this contest. it should be a good one.

Uranus
    Participant

hope i wake up im time…for a change i’m stuck for choice.

millera9
    Participant

So I apparently have a lot more bird photos than I thought I did. Now to narrow these down to just 3 (several have been used before so that will make it easier)…

U-Man
    Participant

Millera9. Yours suck almost as badly as soosh’s.

/oh yeah. today is Opposite Day

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
  • The topic ‘05-27-09 – Birds’ is closed to new replies.