05-27-09 – Birds

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    lokisbong
    Participant

Could you please remove my last picture. I accidentally posted my number 2 pic twice.

olavf
    Participant

should probably pull my comment referring to your double-post too. pity, ’cause it made me laugh 😉

lokisbong
    Participant

That was very funny for sure. 😀 I haven’t done something like that before that I can remember.

I guess the signature fits better than normal tonight.

edited to say thank you Elsinore or who ever fixed my dumbassery.

Uranus
    Participant

for a change i like my pics as much as anyone else’s.
    a shame i couldn’t post 10!

Morningbreath – Genius!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No worries, lokisbong 🙂

olavf
    Participant

That was very funny for sure. 😀 I haven’t done something like that before that I can remember.

I guess the signature fits better than normal tonight.

FWIW I posted in the wrong tab last week. Into the contest 😛

soosh
    Participant

I think this is my favorite bird photo I’ve ever taken, but I’ve used it in farktography before.

olavf
    Participant
    soosh wrote:
    I think this is my favorite bird photo I’ve ever taken, but I’ve used it in farktography before.

awesome!

My main b-side this week was the same duck Kat used, and I already had three I was happy with.

so this duck walks into a bar…

Zumaki
    Participant

Somewhere, buried deep (about 200 posts) in, I posted a captioned version of one of soosh’s pics (no voting though). I blame the internet for making me want to caption every animal pic I see.

with 200+ posts already in the thread I didn’t really feel like throwing in my own submissions. Maybe next week…

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I think this is my favorite bird photo I’ve ever taken, but I’ve used it in farktography before

I remember that one and think it’s fantastic.

I had lots of b-sides this week. All the ones I finished up for final review are in this gallery. But the ones I wanted to call out are a female Northern Harrier gliding low over a field, just beyond a hilltop. And a group of roosting cormorant on a rock wall at the ocean in Santa Cruz.

And finally, does anyone know what king of duck this is? I don’t recognize it and don’t think they are in the San Francisco area year round. I think they migrate through.

PS – After a few rounds of GIS’ing for ducks I figured out that it’s an American WIdgeon, it common in the upper midwest and migrates through California.

olavf
    Participant

Somewhere, buried deep (about 200 posts) in, I posted a captioned version of one of soosh’s pics (no voting though). I blame the internet for making me want to caption every animal pic I see.

with 200+ posts already in the thread I didn’t really feel like throwing in my own submissions. Maybe next week…

awww you should have. You do good stuff.

And someone already lol’d one of mine last night.
    http://65.78.140.207/TF/fuduck.jpg

/heh

swampa
    Participant

I saw that and I get the same feeling too!

I want to caption tedZilla’s pelican with “what you did there, I see it!”

monsieurstabby
    Participant

I see I’m not the only one surprised by which pictures did best.

I like my picture of the tufted titmouse most (because it’s so damn cute) but last I checked it was in third.
    What seemed to work well this week was to pick out 6 or 7 and have my bf narrow them down.

millera9
    Participant

monsieurstabby as I was scrolling through the thread last night with my friend dompydude (his first contest this week) I remarked that your first titmouse shot was far and away the best in the thread. 24 hours later, I still think it outclasses the other 250-some images in the thread. Good color, good composition, perfect focus, interesting subject, etc. etc. Good work.

Morningbreath
    Participant

for a change i like my pics as much as anyone else’s.
    a shame i couldn’t post 10!

Morningbreath – Genius!

thank Uranus! A little something different.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • The topic ‘05-27-09 – Birds’ is closed to new replies.