05-28-08 – A Moment of Reflection

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-28-08 – A Moment of Reflection

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Killerclaw
    Participant

Can we start a betting pool of how may Bean shots there will be?

Over/under 10? Take your pick.

staplermofo
    Participant

You know guys, if you’re ever in Chicago… I do live there… and… you know…

(sad panda that can see the bean from his office)

dauber
    Participant

Does No People = No representations of people (e.g. the reflection of a statue)?

PandyFarmer
    Participant

Not sure where to ask, but as it relates to one of my entires for this week: It’s okay to Photoshop license plates into blurrification, right?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Does No People = No representations of people (e.g. the reflection of a statue)?

I don’t think that would be a problem.

Not sure where to ask, but as it relates to one of my entires for this week: It’s okay to Photoshop license plates into blurrification, right?

It’s a spot treatment, which technically isn’t allowed, but we’ve had folks blur license plates and addresses on medicine bottles before and no one’s been concerned by it. It doesn’t confer any particular advantage like other retouching can. You might put something with your entry post that states you spot blurred the license for privacy, just so everything’s clear as to what you’ve done.

I guess we could put language into the rules specifically allowing this sort of thing, but it’s not something that happens very frequently, and I wouldn’t want to open the door to it being abused in any way. Dunno…anyone have any thoughts on this?

linguine
    Participant

Blurring a license plate seems fine to me.

wrayvynn
    Participant

Clarification, the source of the image reflected cannot be included in the photo, correct?

linguine
    Participant

Clarification, the source of the image reflected cannot be included in the photo, correct?

Yeah, you can’t have the actual object in the photo.

U-Man
    Participant

It doesn’t confer any particular advantage like other retouching can. You might put something with your entry post that states you spot blurred the license for privacy, just so everything’s clear as to what you’ve done.

What she said. I think that it would be a good idea to just state that the plate has been blurrified. That way, people would understand the reasonable flexing of the rules.

corsec67
    Participant

What about light reflecting on something and making a projection, or is that something else?
    This is what I am thinking of using, but I don’t quite know if that qualifies as a reflection…

wrayvynn
    Participant

Yeah, you can’t have the actual object in the photo.

Grazie

SilverStag
    Participant

What about light reflecting on something and making a projection, or is that something else?
    This is what I am thinking of using, but I don’t quite know if that qualifies as a reflection…

Wow that looks *just like* a glyph of a guy on a bicycle! 😯

corsec67
    Participant

Wow that looks *just like* a glyph of a guy on a bicycle! 😯

Um… I am referring to the bow-tie shaped reflections of the sunlight on the building’s windows.

Uranus
    Participant

along the lines of what i’m thinking of using, but yours is way better!
    It’s simply a reflection , not a reflected image….should (hopefully) be ok. [/i]

Elsinore
    Keymaster

See now, I see that more as a shadow than a reflection, so I wouldn’t think it would quite be what theme is getting at. But maybe XenPix can weigh in with her take on it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • The topic ‘05-28-08 – A Moment of Reflection’ is closed to new replies.