05-28-08 – A Moment of Reflection

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-28-08 – A Moment of Reflection

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

What about light reflecting on something and making a projection, or is that something else?
    This is what I am thinking of using, but I don’t quite know if that qualifies as a reflection…

Description: Subject can only appear in the reflection, whether it be in glass, water, mirrors or the cat’s eyeballs. Difficulty: No people.

I don’t know. I really like the photo. Per the description, the sun would be the ‘subject’. I guess, in a way, it is. It would be a pretty boring photo without those distorted bow-ties.

/leaves it up to XenPix and Mods.

soosh
    Participant

I think corsec67’s would work. The description says the subject can only be in the reflection, but if the reflection itself is a subject in an abstract kind of way, I think it fits the theme.

I was thinking of using this picture of the moon.

XenPix
    Participant

Corsec way to think outside the box.

That works for me. 🙂

Oh, and statues aren’t technically people, they’re objects d’art. (although those darned folks who paint themselves all silver/gold and stand still for hours are not allowed!) It’s just people type people what breathe and the like I don’t want to see. Fake ones are fine. And thankfully, before someone suggests it, Fark rules don’t let you post pictures of corpses. So ner.

Morningbreath
    Participant

tough contest this week. In the end, I don’t really have much for it.

staplermofo
    Participant

Same here, but I had a lot of fun.

… … …
    And 20x as much frustration. You know the glare on the roads during sunrise? That doesn’t photograph well at all. It might look cool when you’re half blinded and trying to keep your car from killing someone, but cameras apparently see it as a bunch of lens flare with highlight and shadow clipping.

Trying to recreate a scene from Enter the Dragon with staplers is best left to people who design doll-sized funhouses, who have weeks of free time.

It was enough to make me consider the bean.

U-Man
    Participant

Same here. Not so much fun. Worked Sat, Sun, Mon.

May have to use the Bean.

eire_irie
    Participant

I went walking through town looking for interesting reflections. Found 1 good and 1 so-so. If I can stay awake for 2 more hours I’ll post. (past midnight)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Killerclaw: in case you don’t see it in the thread–it looks like in your candles shot and your 4th of July sky shot that you have your subjects appearing both in the main composition as well as the reflection. The theme calls for subjects to appear in reflection only.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Elsinore, I think you’re going to get a workout ensuring entries follow the theme this week based on the early submissions!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, it’s shaping up that way 😛

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hey ‘mofo, you mentioned not having a manual for that AE-1. Here are some online versions:
    http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/canon/fdresources/SLRs/ae1/index.htm
    http://www.butkus.org/chinon/canon/canon_ae-1_program/canon_ae-1_program.htm

And a site with all kinds of canon manuals:
    http://www.canonfd.com/choose.htm

I had to go looking for manuals last year when Dad loaned me his AE-1P. Ahh the beauty of teh internets.

staplermofo
    Participant

Just as a reminder, since you’re probably going to get a lot of guff from all the pulling:
    We (we cool people, at least) appreciate what you do for the threads.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Just as a reminder, since you’re probably going to get a lot of guff from all the pulling:

Yup yup yup, what the stapler guy said…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well thanks, guys 🙂 I just hope it’s always clear that it’s nothing personal when it has to happen. Hell, I’ve had to pull my own photo for a repeat once. I’ve made mistakes before, though. Thankfully, they’re easily fixx0red.

corsec67
    Participant

Another “this”.

Amazing work, everyone.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • The topic ‘05-28-08 – A Moment of Reflection’ is closed to new replies.