06-02-10 – Macro Bugs

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-02-10 – Macro Bugs

Viewing 3 posts - 166 through 168 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

I might. Probably. Maybe. I want better telephoto though.

/must ponder.

Don’t know if you have a Canon SLR lying around, but I saw a Celestron 500mm telephoto compatable w/canon on ebay; maybe it’s still available. It should be a quality lens.

Those ones tend to be spotting scopes or telescopes fitted with cheap glass adapters, or a mechanical means of prime focus, hence the price range in the few hundreds of dollars. I suspect U-Man is thinking more along the lines of this or this or, if he wants a second mortgage, this.

I suspect this, because, across the aisle, I’m rolling pennies for this.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think U-Man already has the first this. Man I’d love to have the IS version of that lens. Ok and the second this. And the third this.

ravnostic
    Participant

I might. Probably. Maybe. I want better telephoto though.

/must ponder.

Don’t know if you have a Canon SLR lying around, but I saw a Celestron 500mm telephoto compatable w/canon on ebay; maybe it’s still available. It should be a quality lens.

Those ones tend to be spotting scopes or telescopes fitted with cheap glass adapters, or a mechanical means of prime focus, hence the price range in the few hundreds of dollars. I suspect U-Man is thinking more along the lines of this or this or, if he wants a second mortgage, this.

I suspect this, because, across the aisle, I’m rolling pennies for this.

You may be right. I may be crazy. But when it comes to Celestron lenses, I tend to think ‘quality’. And as photographically inexpert I am, I do believe I know my telescope manufacturers well enough.

Celestron does not put out junk. The optics will be quality, I have zero doubt. They are not Tasco or Sears or some other rinky-dink fly-by-night-plastic-optic production facility. Visit Celestron.com astrophoto forums for proof (they put me to shame; that’s why I’m buying what toys I can afford.)

Now whether it would work in the applications U-man desires is another story. But I’m just putting it out there.

Viewing 3 posts - 166 through 168 (of 168 total)
  • The topic ‘06-02-10 – Macro Bugs’ is closed to new replies.