06-02-10 – Macro Bugs

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-02-10 – Macro Bugs

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

Oh. And you just had to introduce me to the Canon Macro Photo MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Manual Focus Lens didn’t you? With the obligatory ring lights, of course.

And I was perfectly satisfied with my 100 mm.

Dangerous hobby.

justkat
    Participant

Yeah, Team Folland exchanged a few high-fives this week. 😉 Thanks everyone. I guess everyone gets a contest “relevant to their interests” now and then. =D Now to return to obscurity; I don’t have anything up my sleeve for the next four weeks. 😯

orionid
    Participant

Oh. And you just had to introduce me to the Canon Macro Photo MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Manual Focus Lens didn’t you? With the obligatory ring lights, of course.

And I was perfectly satisfied with my 100 mm.

Dangerous hobby.

It’s not as bad as I figured it would be. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/183199-USA/Canon_2540A002_Macro_Photo_MP_E_65mm.html Only 1/4 to 1/2 of a project car.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah but add the light setup to it, and you’re adding another $700-$800.

U-Man
    Participant

I might. Probably. Maybe. I want better telephoto though.

/must ponder.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Given your other collection of glass and toys, I’d be honestly shocked if you didn’t get it 😆

ravnostic
    Participant

I might. Probably. Maybe. I want better telephoto though.

/must ponder.

Don’t know if you have a Canon SLR lying around, but I saw a Celestron 500mm telephoto compatable w/canon on ebay; maybe it’s still available. It should be a quality lens.

mopsy
    Participant

Hey, Hey, justkat. Am not sure if you’ll come back to this discussion thread, but congratulations. I haven’t been at my computer much this weekend and so late in the congratulating. Well, you said you love taking pics of creepy crawly critters and it shows.

olavf
    Participant

haha mopsy she also likes taking pictures of me, so I’m hoping that isn’t a pattern 😉

U-Man
    Participant

haha mopsy she also likes taking pictures of me, so I’m hoping that isn’t a pattern 😉

Is there a difference? I’ll bet you are creepy and crawly sometimes.

Oh. Elsinore. Yeah. I probably will. I have liked the super-macro stuff since I was a kid. But who around here has the tilt-shift glass? 🙂

olavf
    Participant

no, U-Man you’re probably right. :/ I mean, I did take a self-portrait for ‘heebie-jeebies’ and all…

I love the macro stuff, but I really want to get something wide-angle though. I was drooling over those Canon 10-24mm’s this morning 😛

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Oh. Elsinore. Yeah. I probably will. I have liked the super-macro stuff since I was a kid. But who around here has the tilt-shift glass? 🙂

lol yeah but notice how much I’ve used it in contests since I got it 😆 Alas, it only makes me crave t/s in the other focal lengths. And would that I could spare the cash for that MP-E 65mm and the light setup. I need to win the lottery. Of course, I’d need to play it first.

lokisbong
    Participant

I was thinking that with that close of a focus point how do you light the thing you are shooting. Is that what those ring lights that wrap around the lens are for?

On the lottery thing I should start buying them myself so I can get poor.. I mean rich.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yep, there are the ring lights, but then this other setup the guy in question is using has two flashes 180 degrees apart.

justkat
    Participant

Thanks, Mopsy. I think I said earlier that it was nice to get such good places in a contest so in line with my interests.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 168 total)
  • The topic ‘06-02-10 – Macro Bugs’ is closed to new replies.