06-03-09 – Keep Out!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-03-09 – Keep Out!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Stone walls, fences, borders, gates, doors, moats. Show what keeps us apart.

Thanks for the theme suggestion, NoBigDeal!

corsec67
    Participant

What about signs that say “No entry”(in some language/form)?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

From the language of the description, I would think that should fit, but NBD can clarify.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Since we are a worldwide group I would say yes.

corsec67
    Participant

Since we are a worldwide group I would say yes.

“No Trespassing” signs it is, then…

justkat
    Participant

okay, i only have two entries for tomorrow, i only have one for next week and if i get any more halfway decent ones i’ll be surprised (and certainly very pleased) , but i’ve got this one nailed down! 😆 i’m keeping my eyes open, of course, in case anything even better comes along. 😉

corsec67
    Participant

Searching through my archives for entries for this contest…. I think I might go for funny for my 3 pictures.

Kind of depressing that I have to look at the metadata for a picture to know which country/state I took the picture in. Same thing for the upcoming birds contest.
    If someone had shown me a print of my entries, I would have thought “Huh, cool picture. Who took it?”, since I didn’t really remember taking it.

/Archives only go back to 2006

Teffy
    Participant

I have a question: does a screened window count? I have a picture of a cat that is very clearly behind the screen of a window.

nobigdeal
    Participant

I have a question: does a screened window count? I have a picture of a cat that is very clearly behind the screen of a window.

“Stone walls, fences, borders, gates, doors, moats”

I don’t really think windows fall into those categories, but if the window screen is keeping the cat out? hmm..I don’t know. Anyone else?

orionid
    Participant

Show what keeps us apart.

I was leaning towards this aspect of it for at least one, possibly more of my shots. It’s none of the specific examples, but defintely fits this part of the description. Although, if need be, I can recompose my shots to include items off the list. It is NBD‘s theme, so…..

nobigdeal
    Participant

Show what keeps us apart.

I was leaning towards this aspect of it for at least one, possibly more of my shots. It’s none of the specific examples, but defintely fits this part of the description. Although, if need be, I can recompose my shots to include items off the list. It is NBD‘s theme, so…..

I’m pretty flexible.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I definitely think there’s room for interpretation with the wording of the description. So if a screen is keeping a cat and a photographer apart, then it would seem to fit the description.

jpatten
    Participant

Once again, I have the perfect picture Or so i Think, but its already been used.
    Hmmmm maybe I can take a similar one tomorrow

Curious
    Participant

well i went hunting in the archives again since a photo trip didn’t work out. and between the three shots i have one stone wall, one fence and a moat. the stone wall is from 2004, the fence just recently and the moat is a scan from ????

none were “oh well i need a third one” so i’m happy with all of them.

justkat
    Participant

the picture that i suspect will do the worst is the picture i must have spent about 45 minutes trying to take and was sore for a couple of days from wrenching my body into the necessary contortions to get the shot… oh well, it was a learning experience. 😉

/partly learning that a gorrillapod might be a good investment lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • The topic ‘06-03-09 – Keep Out!’ is closed to new replies.