06-03-09 – Keep Out!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-03-09 – Keep Out!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I blame it on the title of the contest – maybe farkers think we were referring to them 😛

My b-side for this contest:
    Himeji Castle entrance
    Himeji Castle
    Castle gate
    Osaka Castle moat and wall
    Osaka Castle
    Kyoto Imperial Palace moat
    Another temple gate
    More monkeys!

Wow, those plus the 3 you posted a quite a nice batch of photos… The “Osaka Castle moat and wall” is especially powerful and I hope you find another place to use it (since it didn’t make the cut tonight). Also, both monkey shots are great but I prefer the monkey shot you entered in the contest. It’s more intimate since the monkey’s face is so cute and you can’t tell it’s in a zoo setting. It made me want to run out and adopt a pet!

EdgewoodDirk
    Participant

I only had one for my b-side, but the wife said it was “too phallic”

Rumeli Castle

corsec67
    Participant
    nobigdeal
    Participant

Great shots this week!

Little slow on the votes coming in but still a nice showing.

Silver Stag: Your Berlin wall shots on flickr were my inspiration for suggesting this theme. Nice to see them doing good.

Orionid: The gun shot is awesome!

olavf
    Participant

wow. slow voting doesn’t even begin to cover it.

nobigdeal
    Participant

wow. slow voting doesn’t even begin to cover it.

I don’t think the FSM is picking up the votes. On Fark the numbers are a lot higher. Still not great but double what the FSM shows.

Morningbreath
    Participant

Elsinore could you work your magic on this please?

MorningBreath (deleted: Broken image) 2009-06-03 10:33:30 PM

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yep got it. And one from continental_sausage that had also dropped.

I know the FSM was down at one point yesterday and needed to catch up with votes. Think it’s probably in it’s once-a-day scrape mode at this point in the contest, so I would guess it will catch up at some point today.

justkat
    Participant

i’m very pleased that my favorite picture is doing the best this week. that so rarely happens! and it’s not only my favorite entry, it actually is among my favorite pix i’ve ever taken. *happy kat*

and i did accurately predict that the one i worked hardest on is doing the worst lol. oh well, it probably deserves it; there’s no A for Effort in this game. 😛

oh, and btw and fwiw, olavf meant that it seems like the voting is low in general, not what shows on FSM. first place has typically had 10 or even 20 or 30 more votes than it does… where are all the voters? it’s not like there weren’t a lot of entries… weird. maybe a bunch of people are really stuck on their own interpretation of the contest and aren’t voting for anything that falls outside that narrow interpretation?

oh well, i’m reasonably satisfied with my results so far. =)

jpatten
    Participant

Not doing quite as well as I’d hoped, but I figured I was being fairly creative in my interpretation this week

nobigdeal
    Participant

My shots bombed..and it was my theme idea…Oh well.

I think I voted for everybody this week though.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I agree the overall voting seems down, no clue why, though. I was kind of surprised by it.

My shots are nothing like what I figured, not that that’s anything new 😆 . I figured the ghost shot would be the one to do the best of my three and the “Chained” shot would do ok, but they kinda tanked; I think the ghost might be too subtle. The one of mine that’s doing the best (“Locked”) is the one I almost didn’t enter because I didn’t think it was all that great for the contest 😆

Curious
    Participant

i thought my moat might do well and am pleased to see that it is. it’s been a long, long time since i’ve even been in the top ten.

as far as voting goes we never know from one week to the next. part of the excitement 🙂 i try to wait a day or so before voting so most everybody that will post has. i then vote for stunning, best matches the theme and the occasional “oh why not vote for it” entry.

olavf
    Participant

wooo I made par!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to Choc-Ful-A this week!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • The topic ‘06-03-09 – Keep Out!’ is closed to new replies.