06-03-09 – Keep Out!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-03-09 – Keep Out!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    soosh
    Participant

I keep going back and forth between three photos for my third shot. Damn.

nobigdeal
    Participant

I’m still uploading photos to flickr. It’s my theme you would think I would know what I am gonna use 😉

SilverStag
    Participant

I went semi-serious with my entries this week. Sorry bout that.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Contest linky:
    http://www.fark.com/cgi/comments.pl?IDLink=4426583

As for this…

Show what keeps us apart.

I was leaning towards this aspect of it for at least one, possibly more of my shots. It’s none of the specific examples, but defintely fits this part of the description. Although, if need be, I can recompose my shots to include items off the list. It is NBD‘s theme, so…..

I’m pretty flexible.

The gun shot is really cool, but kinda borderline, but the sub shot I think is really stretching it because it needs to be explained. Just my 2 cents, and NBD may think they’re fine.

orionid
    Participant

Hmmm…. I really like the gun shot, but yeah, I figured the sub shot was borderline. I was just trying to go beyond the literal interpretation, but I can pull it and find something else. No worries.

/I also figured most of the voters would think it too much of a strech, and that it would therefore fail miserably…..

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, and ultimately, unless it’s seriously egregious, when it’s an interpretation thing, I prefer to leave it up to the voters unless the Farktographer wants to pull it. Just throwing in my totally unsolicited opinion. You’re welcome to keep it or pull it as you wish. Wait…er..yeah I’m still talking about Farktography.

orionid
    Participant

Go ahead and pull the sub shot down, Els. I’m post processing a replacement as we speak.

Edited for the following tidbit:

/And SilverStag‘s Berlin Wall shots completely nullify my “piece of the wall in a meuseam” shot.

staplermofo
    Participant

Does that fit this contest?

soosh
    Participant

silverstag, I love the berlin wall shots.

scary reptiles seem to be kinda out of the theme.

nobigdeal
    Participant

I like the sub shot.

Mofo: That works… It’s weird but it works.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Orionid: got it

‘mofo: hi-LAIR-eeous

soosh: I agree

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Oh man, I forgot all about this picture I have of a sign at a local friary/nature preserve. It’s posted right in the lake off a dock that there’s to be no swimming without a friar. For some reason I find it funny, but I”m probably the only one 😆

soosh
    Participant

b-sides for this week

orionid
    Participant

Thanks, Els. And thanks for the thumbs up, regardless, NBD.

/The “sub shot” in question.
    //Title was: A Day Underway
    ///Required explanation was: “The solitude and isolation experienced on a submarine deployment keeps us away. Away from families and loved ones, away from the things we take for granted each day.”

jpatten
    Participant

well only one this week, and I have to credit my wife with inspiration!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • The topic ‘06-03-09 – Keep Out!’ is closed to new replies.