06-03-09 – Keep Out!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-03-09 – Keep Out!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol I liked that, jpatten. Reminded me of college days and..er…coordinating things with roommates…

jpatten
    Participant

Thanks!

justkat
    Participant

lol I liked that, jpatten. Reminded me of college days and..er…coordinating things with roommates…

yeah, that made me giggle

U-Man
    Participant

soosh – love the Holga stuff. Did you get one of these? http://www.holgamods.com/xt/xt.html

soosh
    Participant

soosh – love the Holga stuff. Did you get one of these? http://www.holgamods.com/xt/xt.html

yep, that’s what I used. It does best on really really bright contrasty days. Anything reflecting light will positively glow. And then I generally up the contrast and saturation a little to go with the blur. Here’s a few more taken with that:

U-Man
    Participant

I just ordered one. Looks like fun.

olavf
    Participant

That looks pretty nifty. I could see a lot of frustration trying to frame up the shots that would come out good until I got the hang of it.

soosh
    Participant

it’s not without its frustrations. focus is total wild-ass guessing, unless your eyesight through these tiny viewfinders is better than mine. and as you focus, you’re unscrewing the thing, so sometimes you unscrew it right into two pieces. it’s not nearly as wide as I’d like, or rather I’d like a second one that was wider. Also the holga lenses themselves are a crapshoot, you never know how good or bad or exactly in what way distorted yours is going to turn out being. I’ve got a regular film Holga, and it sometimes takes a fairly decent shot like this:

and then sometimes takes a shot like this

and other times, it’s more like this:

but I enjoy the unpredictable aspect of it.

olavf
    Participant

lol I get enough unpredictability out of my normal pics :/

soosh
    Participant

this is another one I considered for this week

but ultimately I decided it didn’t fit.

lokisbong
    Participant

It does not fit imho soosh but it is damn funny I think.
    Man I voted for a whole bunch of entries tonight. I am going to have to go back and check for more later.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Here’s some b-sides if you need more “Keep Out” photos…

Bird on a wire

Beware of vicious guard dog

Fence with red diamonds

Obvious warning for the truly dense

And as long as I’m posting, the voting is very weird tonight. The first place entry only has 7 votes at the moment even though the contest has been live on the main page for 3.5 hours. Dunno what’s up…

soosh
    Participant

love the bird on the razor wire.

fark has been a little wonky tonight. instead of source tags on the articles, it’s mostly empty parentheses. I was wondering why the voting was so low, too. could just be a slow night, though.

swampa
    Participant

I blame it on the title of the contest – maybe farkers think we were referring to them 😛

My b-side for this contest:
    Himeji Castle entrance
    Himeji Castle
    Castle gate
    Osaka Castle moat and wall
    Osaka Castle
    Kyoto Imperial Palace moat
    Another temple gate
    More monkeys!

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

love the bird on the razor wire.

fark has been a little wonky tonight. instead of source tags on the articles, it’s mostly empty parentheses. I was wondering why the voting was so low, too. could just be a slow night, though.

Thanks! I almost posted the bird/wire one but it’s so dark I didn’t think it would do well, especially at 640 width. I really like the Holga effect you went with this week. My favorite is the one with the psychedelic green glowing plants through the railing.

And I think you’re right about the site bring wonky tonight. The empty parens where the article category should be is very odd.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
  • The topic ‘06-03-09 – Keep Out!’ is closed to new replies.