06-18-08 – Museum of Found Objects

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-18-08 – Museum of Found Objects

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Every day we find stuff – lost gloves, that single shoe, a shiny bolt, an umbrella, etc.

Set them up in a museum-like way, and let’s see the flotsam of society in all its glory. Difficulty: No people.

Thanks to Uranus for the theme suggestion!

Teffy
    Participant

ok, I have a question. Is a collection of similar objects acceptable? Here’s an example: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2382/2513354341_203b22f650_m.jpg

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I would think that would be ok, but if it isn’t, Uranus can clarify for us.

Uranus
    Participant

perfectly ok, provided that they’ve been found somewhere…if they were in your sock drawer or attic they were never lost in the first place…. 😀

Teffy
    Participant

Define “found”. If by found you mean I scoured my housing looking for random I-don’t-know stuff without actually having anything in mind, and happened to some across these items, then yes, they were found.. It’s hard to take pictures of lost stuff, because you don’t know where they are. But then again, I’ve always lost my marbles 😆

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Honestly, there’s no way we’d be able to enforce where things were found. I think people are just going to have to be on their honor that they “found” something laying around someplace and didn’t go buying things for this contest. Just my 2 cents….

Killerclaw
    Participant

This will mark creepy babies likely final appearance.

Teffy
    Participant

Maybe I’m misunderstanding then? Should I go find stuff laying around outside to display? That’s easy enough to do, I just have to wait until the weather and my schedule line up for a change. As for buying stuff, I’m broke right now. I’m not going to go out and buy anything unless I really need it.

Uranus
    Participant

Maybe I’m misunderstanding then? Should I go find stuff laying around outside to display?

That’s pretty much it….someone lost it – you found it. C’mon, people lose stuff every day. Walk next to any road and you’ll find a hubcap, a shoe, a glove. On the train or subway you may find a hat or umbrella.

My (so far unphotographed) collection includes work gloves, two ?5 notes, two of those ball pump attachment thingies, a number of ballpoint pens, and some other stuff.

As Elsinore said, there’s no way to enforce it, but have some fun !

BTW Killerclaw, I hope you don’t get poisoned fishing your dolly out of that water to set it up as a museum display 😆

Killerclaw
    Participant

Maybe I’m misunderstanding then? Should I go find stuff laying around outside to display?

That’s pretty much it….someone lost it – you found it. C’mon, people lose stuff every day. Walk next to any road and you’ll find a hubcap, a shoe, a glove. On the train or subway you may find a hat or umbrella.

My (so far unphotographed) collection includes work gloves, two ?5 notes, two of those ball pump attachment thingies, a number of ballpoint pens, and some other stuff.

As Elsinore said, there’s no way to enforce it, but have some fun !

BTW Killerclaw, I hope you don’t get poisoned fishing your dolly out of that water to set it up as a museum display 😆

Someone stole it =(

Teffy
    Participant

Ok, I’ll go wander around outside then. Thanks for clearing that up!

nutkick_42
    Participant

I found a child-size guitar under my truck the other day. Now I just have to figure out how to display it and give a sense of scale…

U-Man
    Participant

Does it have to be regular ‘everyday’ stuff? My 10 year old and I were exploring down by the river (good excuse for me to get out of the house with my camera) and we found some old bones. We have the skull and mandible of…something. Perhaps it belonged to a raccoon. Could I set that up all museum-like and submit it? If not, we found bottles, somebody’s construction hard-hat, etc. that I can shoot.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I don’t see why bones would be a problem. They’re objects, and in this case they were found.

wrayvynn
    Participant

My father is an avid scavenger, I have lots of cool found items, the presentation is the challenge here I think.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • The topic ‘06-18-08 – Museum of Found Objects’ is closed to new replies.