06-18-08 – Museum of Found Objects

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-18-08 – Museum of Found Objects

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Uranus
    Participant

we don’t have to label it in the photo though, do we?

nope.

soosh
    Participant

OK, I misunderstood and don’t have time to reshoot any of my planned entries, so I can’t do any of the “set them up like a museum display” parts of this exercise. If I’m going to enter at all, it’s going to have to be shots from the field.

wrayvynn
    Participant

OK, I misunderstood and don’t have time to reshoot any of my planned entries, so I can’t do any of the “set them up like a museum display” parts of this exercise. If I’m going to enter at all, it’s going to have to be shots from the field.

I did the same thing only I started shooting for this one a month ago. I had taken all of my found things, which are numerous, and essentially put them in a pile in the yard. Later I decided that wasnt going to work. I spent all day monday rethinking my shots. Hopefully i can redeem myself for last weeks crash and burn on “trails” 😛

Elsinore
    Keymaster

That sucks 🙁

I’m afraid this is going to be a bit of a headache tonight, since basically things that aren’t “set up in a museum-like way” won’t really qualify, but I’d be willing to bet we’re going to get a lot of that stuff….

soosh
    Participant

The shots I plan to use were not just random shots of stuff laying around (though FSM knows I do have plenty of those), so I’m just going to say my shots are diorama-style museum exhibits.

Here’s one of the ones I’m using.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

What I learned this week, which due to procrastination means from 10:30pm last night to 4:00am this morning, is that I really, really need a tripod. 🙂

soosh
    Participant

That sucks 🙁

I’m afraid this is going to be a bit of a headache tonight, since basically things that aren’t “set up in a museum-like way” won’t really qualify, but I’d be willing to bet we’re going to get a lot of that stuff….

Well, crap. Here are my other two planned entries. If they’ll be removed from the contest, I won’t bother. As for that blanket, ain’t no way in hell I was going to pick it up and take it home with me. And an empty shotgun shell just doesn’t have much impact.

Alaska law doesn’t allow removal of anything of age from a mining site, so that’s another hindrance.

SilverStag
    Participant

That sucks 🙁

This contest really didn’t get me motivated at all- no fault of anyone but my own, I suppose, but I just thought that things found in situ would be more interesting.

I guess I felt, after thinking about it, that setting things up as museum displays was gilding a lily.

I’ll probably see a cool entry or two when I come by to vote, and go “you idiot, why didn’t you think of that?“. C’est la vie.

soosh
    Participant

This contest really didn’t get me motivated at all- no fault of anyone but my own, I suppose, but I just thought that things found in situ would be more interesting.

I guess I felt, after thinking about it, that setting things up as museum displays was gilding a lily.

I’ll probably see a cool entry or two when I come by to vote, and go “you idiot, why didn’t you think of that?“. C’est la vie.

Can’t say I disagree. If my stuff gets pulled, it gets pulled, I suppose.

U-Man
    Participant

Same here. My stuff was rather unexciting. So I lit it on fire. Museums sometime catch on fire, right?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

The shots I plan to use were not just random shots of stuff laying around (though FSM knows I do have plenty of those), so I’m just going to say my shots are diorama-style museum exhibits.

I think the jawbone shot is close enough. Don’t think the other two really qualify according to the wording of the theme description.

Same here. My stuff was rather unexciting. So I lit it on fire. Museums sometime catch on fire, right?

I’ve never seen a museum exhibit on fire. But it’s in the realm of possibility, so knock yourself out, eh?

U-Man
    Participant

I’ve never seen a museum exhibit on fire. But it’s in the realm of possibility, so knock yourself out, eh?

Thank you for being flexible. Life seemed to get in the way of photgraphy recently.

/If flexing the rules too much causes any strife, feel free to pull them at any time.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

As long as it’s set ablaze within its “museum-like” setup, I think it’s fair game 😆

We’ll just have to see how this one goes. I’m walking the fine line between letter of the description and spirit of the description tonight.

soosh
    Participant

I think the jawbone shot is close enough. Don’t think the other two really qualify according to the wording of the theme description.

See, I was going with “the flotsam of society in all its glory” for the last two. That’s not just a random blanket, that was somebody’s flop/squat place.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah I see where you were going with it, but given the wording specifically calls for it to be set up, those two definitely don’t appear at all set up, while the jawbone one could (ostensibly) be a setup. I think in retrospect, maybe this theme would be a good one to try without the “set up” difficulty, though that might really be repeats of several other themes (abandoned places, one man’s trash, abandoned things, etc)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • The topic ‘06-18-08 – Museum of Found Objects’ is closed to new replies.