06-18-08 – Museum of Found Objects

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-18-08 – Museum of Found Objects

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    soosh
    Participant

Gotcha. OK, I’ll look through what I have more in a set up vein.

U-Man
    Participant

Els, please votify my one safe (extinguished) entry.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m on it. Also,

I had to glue the mandible to the skull.
    Found out that carpenter’s glue is not fire resistant.

That’s fucking hilarious

corsec67
    Participant

Wow, that is just amazing. That deserves to win this contest.

U-Man
    Participant

Wow, that is just amazing. That deserves to win this contest.

Thanks. As you can tell, it was a lucky shot. Who could plan for melting glue?

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Since parts of the image field in my shots this week were in low light, I ran into a recurring problems that continues to nag me. The monitor I work on at home has much better contrast depth then some. It’s not crazy good, since I’m a cheap SOB when it comes to buying things most of the time, but the variability makes a huge difference.

I try to check images after making the brightness, contrast and color level adjustments on an alternate monitor and laptop before posting. But that’s not always possible and it still means I find out that something I like is too muddy very late in the process. That’s the frustrating part.

I’ll probably just learn to compensate after doing this enough times. But I’m still curious to hear whether or not other people have the same problem and what, if anything, they do to work around it.

For what it’s worth, here a couple of images from the shots I took yesterday which looked good to me on my primary system, but which look very muddy (and unusable) on my laptop at work.

Shark’s teeth

More Shark teeth

Pot shard

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Curious, I really like your first shot (and comment about museum storage). It struck me as very clever and made me smile, even though I’m still at work.

soosh
    Participant

Elsinore, can you take my entry out of the contest? It really doesn’t fit.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yep.

Killerclaw
    Participant

Since parts of the image field in my shots this week were in low light, I ran into a recurring problems that continues to nag me. The monitor I work on at home has much better contrast depth then some. It’s not crazy good, since I’m a cheap SOB when it comes to buying things most of the time, but the variability makes a huge difference.

I try to check images after making the brightness, contrast and color level adjustments on an alternate monitor and laptop before posting. But that’s not always possible and it still means I find out that something I like is too muddy very late in the process. That’s the frustrating part.

I’ll probably just learn to compensate after doing this enough times. But I’m still curious to hear whether or not other people have the same problem and what, if anything, they do to work around it.

For what it’s worth, here a couple of images from the shots I took yesterday which looked good to me on my primary system, but which look very muddy (and unusable) on my laptop at work.

Shark’s teeth

More Shark teeth

Pot shard

Look decent on my POS laptop.

(Maryland isn’t all creepy babies and Blair Witch Project, Soosh)

Killerclaw
    Participant

I found a new creepy baby. Weird, but I did.

I’m happy for you. I know how much it means. 🙂

/actually kinda serious.

Well ya know, you have kids, soosh has Alaska, Stapler has,well, staplers.

I have a 40 year old disfigured doll.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Kudos to Killerclaw for your win this week!

Killerclaw
    Participant

Kudos to Killerclaw for your win this week!

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • The topic ‘06-18-08 – Museum of Found Objects’ is closed to new replies.