07-01-09 – In Memoriam: Thar Be Dragons

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-01-09 – In Memoriam: Thar Be Dragons

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

I just threw together a crappy little table top studio to shoot a very expensive dragon statue. I used some dog pee pads that I just bought (as yet unused, I swear) as my backdrop. It looked a lot better with those as the background than it did with the toaster, blender and knife block.

Our light box is made out of sprinkler tubing and fluorescent light panel covers. It works pretty darn well, actually. For backdrops we buy remnants from the local fabric store.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

it’s the anniversary of me starting farktography. farktograversary? heehee

Woohoo! Congrats on your Farktogannigraghsaryphy!

lokisbong
    Participant

congrats justkat on your 1 year anniversary.

lol.

justkat
    Participant

*giggle* thanks. 😀

it’s been a hell of a year, but farktography has helped sooooo much.

mopsy
    Participant

Congrats! I did not realize we joined so closely. My one year anniversary was June 5, 2008. It’s been fun reading your zany comments!

justkat
    Participant

Congrats! I did not realize we joined so closely. My one year anniversary was June 5, 2008. It’s been fun reading your zany comments!

“zany”… what a … nice word for me. heeheehee

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to both you crazy kids on sticking it out for a year!

Just an FYI: I’m heading to a family get together which will run well into the night, so it’ll probably be late before I get a chance to “call” the contest tonight. For the US folks, happy 4th of July! For the non-US folks, happy Saturday!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Another win for U-Man–congrats!

U-Man
    Participant

Thanks folks. See you in a few days.

orionid
    Participant

So I have to ask: Incense, smoke bomb, or other?

/and peppermints

U-Man
    Participant

Smoke bomb. It was odd. I had a pack of really crappy smoke bombs. They lasted all of 3 or 4 seconds each. Most of them had wispy smoke. This one had nice smoke – like a cumulus cloud.

My daughter was kinda pissed that her dragon smelled like fireworks.

?peppermints?

olavf
    Participant

Smoke bomb. It was odd. I had a pack of really crappy smoke bombs. They lasted all of 3 or 4 seconds each. Most of them had wispy smoke. This one had nice smoke – like a cumulus cloud.

?peppermints?

LOL! You’ve got to get her started with a camera. My son got the biggest kick when I told him what I was going to do with his toys.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

?peppermints?

There’s a landmark psychedelic 1967 album by The Strawberry Alarm Clock called Incense and Peppermints so I’m guessing that the reference…

orionid
    Participant

?peppermints?

There’s a landmark psychedelic 1967 album by The Strawberry Alarm Clock called Incense and Peppermints so I’m guessing that the reference…

Cool, was wondering about that. Thanks.

And yeah, Strawberry Alarm Clock’s album was the reference.

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • The topic ‘07-01-09 – In Memoriam: Thar Be Dragons’ is closed to new replies.