07-08-09 – Shiny, Shiny Metal

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-08-09 – Shiny, Shiny Metal

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

Since you’re going to the hardware store anyway, you could get a couple of gallons of paint stripper and ‘fix’ the water tower… It’s a good shot…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m gonna be going out with some old college friends I haven’t seen in years, so after teh contest opens, I probably won’t be around until midnight or so tonight. If there are issues before then, be sure to use the notify moderators link. See ya’ll later!

swampa
    Participant
    millera9
    Participant

I’m gonna be going out with some old college friends I haven’t seen in years, so after teh contest opens, I probably won’t be around until midnight or so tonight. If there are issues before then, be sure to use the notify moderators link. See ya’ll later!

Have fun!

orionid
    Participant

DOH! Completely forgot about this week. Off to the archives for a pic or two, then maybe I can find something shiny around the house. I’ve missed every good car show so far this year……

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I’ve had absolutely no time this week and I’m still at work… So it’s a mad dash home to see if I can come up with something for me.

U-Man
    Participant

I came here to ask for help as two of my pics were not loading up over on Fark. Then, when I re-opened the contest thread, they were there. They loaded slowly, but loaded.

We’ll see if they continue to cooperate. If I run into problems I’ll use the mods link at the bottom of the page.

Els, hope you had fun. 🙂

sleeping
    Participant

I submitted a notification to the admins, the thread doesn’t appear to be going live at midnight like normal.

sleeping
    Participant

Oh, ok it is now.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Yow, I got home at 8:20pm, shot some photos, edited, uploaded and posted by 9:04. Not what I had in mind for this week!

clouddancer
    Participant

Awesome stuffs again. I’m feeling unoriginal in my choices, but I suppose it’ll be a while before I come up with unique things. That’s the point of practicing. Already working on the next theme. (I’ve sort of gone shutterbug-happy lately.) Hoping my shots stand on their own. Have plans for all day tomorrow, but will come back probably tomorrow night to be sure and look at and vote on the rest.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Thanks, guys, I had an awesome time! The one friend was an old roommate I hadn’t seen since my wedding (10 years ago this Friday–w00t!), and the other was another good friend of ours who’s passing through in the middle of a move. I hadn’t seen her since graduation. Good times.

U-Man, looks like your shots are still loading ok. Don’t see anything else going on in the thread…I’ll be up for a bit checking on it.

justkat
    Participant

Have plans for all day tomorrow, but will come back probably tomorrow night to be sure and look at and vote on the rest.

i generally don’t vote until friday or saturday morning… some pix get entered pretty late… i want to give them all a chance. i do follow the voting in general before then though.

Uranus
    Participant

whoa! so far i’m next to U-man in the voting!
    There’s something that doesn’t happen often.

/sure to change in the face of strong competition

Curious
    Participant

i was wondering if what i had in mind was going to be shinny enough but given the entries it would have been fine.

of course i put off the actual photography until wednesday afternoon then had both a flat on my truck and a dead battery in the car so no time for pictures 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • The topic ‘07-08-09 – Shiny, Shiny Metal’ is closed to new replies.