07-09-08 – Word Play

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-09-08 – Word Play

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Photograph an interpretation of your favorite word or phrase in the English language. Difficulty: You may not include the word or phrase anywhere in your post.

Thanks for the theme suggestion, millera9!

justkat
    Participant

heehee couldn’t come up with a word, and i don’t think anyone would guess my phrase…….

at least this one doesn’t involve technical terms i have to learn first. 😉

nutkick_42
    Participant

Can we post synonymous terms with our photos, like “exothermic canine” for a photo of a dachshund on a hot day representing “hot dog”?

anneb
    Participant

But at the end of it all, when we see what everyone else has done, and we’re curious if we guessed the mystery phrase right- how will we KNOW?

justkat
    Participant

It occurred to me today that my “phrase” is excellently — almost embarrassingly — suited to photography. Which would be better news if I were a great photographer. 😛 So I set my brain a-working on additional ideas for the theme… and thought of one photo, anyway, already taken, that I can use. I use the concept — not the photography concept, the phrase concept — in my daily life, so i might could try to put my photography mind in that gear.

/blah blah blah – just so neat to see all the awesome pix in the contests and to get the little warm fuzzies that come from even a couple of people voting for my pix. 😀

justkat
    Participant

haha! So my “phrase” has the word “perspective” in it (explaining the post above) and yesterday I said to my husband “For my perspective project I was thinking about lying at the base of a tree and shooting up.” After one heartbeat I heard what I had said and laughed helplessly for several minutes while he said helpful things along the lines of “well that would sure change your perspective” and “there’s some folks down by the river who might want to join you” and “maybe you should talk to some counselors at the methadone clinic before you take a step like this”. 😛

nutkick_42
    Participant

I would really appreciate an answer to my question above. The answer will greatly impact how and what I shoot. Sorry to be a nag, but the contest is fast approaching.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think the idea was to have the image speak for itself, but if millera9 can clarify, that would be great. I’m under the impression that putting a hint in the file name or on the hosting page (e.g. Flickr) that the image links to would be fair game. But again, clarification would be welcome.

justkat
    Participant

I think the idea was to have the image speak for itself, but if millera9 can clarify, that would be great. I’m under the impression that putting a hint in the file name or on the hosting page (e.g. Flickr) that the image links to would be fair game. But again, clarification would be welcome.

yeah, nobody would guess mine (six words long, just one sentence from a somewhat obscure book… yeah, no chance lol) … so i’ll have to hope that someone just happens to like the shots. Well chances are that at least one person will like at least one of them, right? RIGHT? heeheehee

FutherMucker
    Participant

I’ve just come to the conclusion that I don’t have a favorite word, or phrase…Period….I’m in quite a pickle for this challenge…I seriously doubt that I’ll have anything to post this week. 🙁

staplermofo
    Participant

I’ve just come to the conclusion that I don’t have a favorite word, or phrase…Period….I’m in quite a pickle for this challenge…I seriously doubt that I’ll have anything to post this week. 🙁

Set the timer then climb in a pickle!
    THERE ARE WORDS AND PHRASES EVERYWHERE!
    Words won’t know you’re whoring about town with other words.

justkat
    Participant

Set the timer then climb in a pickle!
    THERE ARE WORDS AND PHRASES EVERYWHERE!
    Words won’t know you’re whoring about town with other words.

*giggle* well put.

Uranus
    Participant

unless you use “Period” 🙂

swampa
    Participant

I feel your pain. I think I’m going to be out this week too as the only words or phrases that I can think of will get me banned! Yes, I have a dirty mind ok!

/I can’t even find a fake ass at the moment to do one that might pass as SFW

wrayvynn
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 87 total)
  • The topic ‘07-09-08 – Word Play’ is closed to new replies.